DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all that want a front license plate holder. When I traded my 2006 Ram I kept the front license holder. Over the last weekend I found that if you turn it upside down and use the "KIT" that came with the 2012, you can mount the holder. It doesn't fit the contour of the chrome bumper exactly but it does mount flat. So if you want this option just order a plate holder for a 2006 and you're good to go.

Jim in Pa:smileup:

·
Registered
210 Posts
No kidding....that's neat. Any pics you can post head on, and from the side? Curious how well this lines up. My dealer is willing to give me a bracket, and if I can get one from them rather than aftermarket, even better!!!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HeyBrownDog,

I would post some pics but right now it's 8 degrees and snowing like a muther. Maybe later this week. Like I said it looks ok but doesn't fit the contour of the chrome bumper. It rests on the plastic facia on top and on the chrome bumper at the bottom. I think if I had more time I could make it fit the bumper by just trimming the bracket with my multi tool. It does sit straight up and down as it is and you can't tell it wasn't made for the 2012 unless you look at it close from the side.

Jim in Pa

1 - 4 of 4 Posts