DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning, I have a 2012 Ram 1500 (90,000 Miles) that has started acting up. It goes in to the shop next Tuesday for a small leak in the transmission cooler line and to have any stored codes read. In the last few months, it has been throwing a CEL for about 3-4 seconds at a time. It comes on and turns off, comes on turns off. I have had local parts stores try and read it to no avail. The majority of the time it comes on when you either try to slowly accelerate in 4,5, or 6th gear, or trying to ascend a hill when in overdrive. The only other time it comes on is when you accelerate hard. Sometimes, it is accompanied by what feels almost like a miss, or slip in the transmission, other times you will feel nothing. Fluid levels are good, although I am planning on doing a filter and fluid change once it warms up outside. I am hoping that if it sounds like maybe the solenoid pack needs replaced, I can do it when I change the filters soon. I figured the first thing to try is the input and output speed sensors. I can change those easily enough for 60 bucks and see if it helps. Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Back from the shop

Ok, so it came back from the shop. got the transmission line fixed no problem. Had the codes pulled and they were

B21A1-00 - Front Door Module ECU Reset Occured
B11CB-92 - Blender Door
B1058-92 - Blender Door
C1504-96 - Tire Pressure
C1501-96 - Tire Pressure

I have no idea what the first one means, so any help with that is appreciated. The CEL light didn't come on between the shop and my office, but that's only about 3 miles, so I think I would be disappointed if I tried to tell myself that its fixed. I will update with what it does on the ride home.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Code help

So the CEL light is still intermittently coming on and off. Seems to be happening a lot more often if I leave the ECO mode engaged. The mechanic said to give it a tune up and see if it helps. So I m gong to order plugs and get them comin. Does anyone happen to know what the code I mentioned in the above post means?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts