DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone!
It's my first post and hope It isn't my last.

Im very close to pulling the trigger on my first pickup and couldn't be more happier it was a Ram.
My dilemma is, I can't make my mind up if I should go with a loaded Sport or loaded Laramie.
I love the sport hood and monotone color, yet I like the Laramie with the chrome bumpers and grill.
Both are equally outfitted and I'm getting $15k off retail. They are fairly close in price

Sport - $39,700 + taxes
- 5.7 Hemi
- 4x4
- Sport Premium Group, Remote Start/Alarm, Leather Buckets Package, Media Center 730N and UConnect, Class IV Hitch, Trailer Brake Control, Spray In Bedliner, MOPAR Chrome Tubular Steps, Sports Performace Hood, Power Sunroof,
Front/Rear Mats, Power Adjustable Pedals (don't care for this, but its comes included), Rear Back-up Camera and Rear Seat Video System

Is this a good price?
Sales Manager said it is $500 above dealer cost.
They are also willing to split halves on a tri-fold hard cover. I can't recall the brand, but it isn't Tonneau. It retails for $800, so $400 out of my pocket and free installation.

The Laramie, will have the same specs, but is $200 more ($39,900)

Any thoughts or advice?

·
Registered
132 Posts
just comes right down to the fact weather or not you want chrome bumpers or painted. also interiors are a different. just go test drive both and do a good look over comparison. its all personal preference. i pulled the trigger on a sport and am really happy with what i got :)

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just comes right down to the fact weather or not you want chrome bumpers or painted. also interiors are a different. just go test drive both and do a good look over comparison. its all personal preference. i pulled the trigger on a sport and am really happy with what i got :)
I test drove the sport today and man, did I get looks while driving it.... LOL
I peaked into a Laramie and it looked similar, but I didn't fully look at it to see differences.
My wife likes the Sport because of its menacing look.....
I may just opt for the Sport....there is still 25% in me that is considering the Laramie.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like your considering my loaded sport. I love it. FYI you can add tow hooks on the front if you want them. The dealer tried to tell me they couldn't but I have them now. I bought it a month ago, paid 41k but I'm in Alaska and have less options for dealers. My neighbor bought a Laramie a week later, same truck except for chrome and hood. Happy with my choice. Gotta go with your wife's choice!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Take your time to compare BEFORE you buy. ALL ISSUES. It could be an expensive mistake. Get the one you like, not what others like. That is why there are different options, models and brands.
LOOK, READ, COMPARE, BUY, ENJOY!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Like yourself I too was trying to decide on a Sport or Laramie. Personally I like the monochromatic look better than the chrome.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
I personally love the look of the Sport but love the interior of the Laramie. If you could wait I'd hold out for the Laramie Limited which is a blend of two trucks. Sport with the Laramie trim and interior. Jump on the Sport, great truck, great looks.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Go with the one you like most. I LOVE my laramie, interior has a bit more chrome, Sports interior has color matched plastic around radio, also Laramies rear seats are heated if you get the premium leather seats and counsel, where as the Sports are NOT. Sports come standard with a little bit "beefier" exhaust note. Either way they will both make a great truck. BEst of luck, and post pics if you do buy!!!

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Good luck and keep us updated on your decision and please post some pics.....LOL... You know that we all love the pics.......

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I personally love my Laramie. I liked the sport trim a lot but it just couldn't find one with the tan interior like the Laramie I own now. But as said before we are all just sharing our opinions. Make sure you pick the truck you will be happy with!

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Take your time to compare BEFORE you buy. ALL ISSUES. It could be an expensive mistake. Get the one you like, not what others like. That is why there are different options, models and brands.
LOOK, READ, COMPARE, BUY, ENJOY!
Believe me when I say this.... I'm so anal about comparing before I buy and that's what gets me in this indecisive situations.... LOL.

Like yourself I too was trying to decide on a Sport or Laramie. Personally I like the monochromatic look better than the chrome.
This is my gut feeling too. Plus the hood option.....I think that's what selling me :)

I personally love the look of the Sport but love the interior of the Laramie. If you could wait I'd hold out for the Laramie Limited which is a blend of two trucks. Sport with the Laramie trim and interior. Jump on the Sport, great truck, great looks.
When will the limited Laramie be out? If not by April 2nd (when promo's end), I'll be SOL with even my choices now.

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Go with the one you like most. I LOVE my laramie, interior has a bit more chrome, Sports interior has color matched plastic around radio, also Laramies rear seats are heated if you get the premium leather seats and counsel, where as the Sports are NOT. Sports come standard with a little bit "beefier" exhaust note. Either way they will both make a great truck. BEst of luck, and post pics if you do buy!!!
Those exact pints you mentioned, I'm aware of. How do I get all into 1 truck. LOL

Good luck and keep us updated on your decision and please post some pics.....LOL... You know that we all love the pics.......
I'll be pulling the trigger Monday at the earliest, latest end of week. But for sure, pictures will come right away.

I personally love my Laramie. I liked the sport trim a lot but it just couldn't find one with the tan interior like the Laramie I own now. But as said before we are all just sharing our opinions. Make sure you pick the truck you will be happy with!
Tan. Didn't know there was an option. That's how new I am to the pickup world. Always admired them, never took the time to research, now I want one, but now I can't sleep. :SHOCKED:

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Question to the experts as this would be my first pickup purchase....
How do you carry lumber, drywall, plywood that is 8' or even 12' long in the short bed (5'7")?
Gate up and reting on it?
Through the sliding rear window?
Bed extender?
Combination of the above?

I ask because I do a lot of my own renovations....main reason for the purchase (I have my wife buying into it also) and I've always wanted one :)

Thanks

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another question....
I'm considering of adding a Ram box?
Will I still be able t carry 4 x what ever? Ie, 4x8 drywall/plywood?
Thanks guys

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just went through the same choices you are trying to decide on about 1 month ago. I was very close to a sport. I liked the exhaust note and the painted bumbers at 1st. But I ended up bying the laramie when I drove one with the tan interior that sold me right then and there. And the more I looked at the pickup the chrome on white looks classier to me. I usually keep my trucks about 10 years so, I felt that the sporty look of the painted bumbers would wear off on me, and I would wish I bought the chrome. My wife liked the sport too, but told me to buy what I wanted. In the end I am very happy with my laramie. I dont miss the painted bumbers and the throatier exhuast. I like the exhaust note on these new trucks just the way they are stock. About 15 years ago I split the exhuast after the cat with no mufflers on my 5.2 dakota. I thought that was a great sound at the time. But I got sick of the noise in a hurry and wished I wouldn't have, but the trucks back then made no growl when they were stock. I agree the inteior of the laramie cant be beat. And as others have said with the bucket seats you get rear heated seats and front ventilated seats. I though the ventilated seats were a gimic before I tried them. Now they are my faviorite feature.

From the pics the larmie limited doesn't do much for me, I am not a fan of the contrast stiching of the seats, like in the laramie longhorn. I do like the chrome side moldings, I will be putting those on my truck soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As far as hauling goes, any sheet goods 8 ft only hang out about a foot off the box. I just hauled 6 sheets of plywood last week with the tail gate down. 10 ft sheet rock would still be ok. I think any lumber 12ft or less should be fine hanging off the back of the tailgate with minimal counter weight on the front of the lumber. Anything longer than 12 ft I used a trailer when I had my old truck with the 6.5' box.

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just went through the same choices you are trying to decide on about 1 month ago. I was very close to a sport. I liked the exhaust note and the painted bumbers at 1st. But I ended up bying the laramie when I drove one with the tan interior that sold me right then and there. And the more I looked at the pickup the chrome on white looks classier to me. I usually keep my trucks about 10 years so, I felt that the sporty look of the painted bumbers would wear off on me, and I would wish I bought the chrome. My wife liked the sport too, but told me to buy what I wanted. In the end I am very happy with my laramie. I dont miss the painted bumbers and the throatier exhuast. I like the exhaust note on these new trucks just the way they are stock. About 15 years ago I split the exhuast after the cat with no mufflers on my 5.2 dakota. I thought that was a great sound at the time. But I got sick of the noise in a hurry and wished I wouldn't have, but the trucks back then made no growl when they were stock. I agree the inteior of the laramie cant be beat. And as others have said with the bucket seats you get rear heated seats and front ventilated seats. I though the ventilated seats were a gimic before I tried them. Now they are my faviorite feature.

From the pics the larmie limited doesn't do much for me, I am not a fan of the contrast stiching of the seats, like in the laramie longhorn. I do like the chrome side moldings, I will be putting those on my truck soon.
Thanks for the honest response!
Looks like I could win either way.... Both will be equally equipped given the slight differences....
I need to make a decision today!
Laramie or Sport CC :)

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As far as hauling goes, any sheet goods 8 ft only hang out about a foot off the box. I just hauled 6 sheets of plywood last week with the tail gate down. 10 ft sheet rock would still be ok. I think any lumber 12ft or less should be fine hanging off the back of the tailgate with minimal counter weight on the front of the lumber. Anything longer than 12 ft I used a trailer when I had my old truck with the 6.5' box.
I work with a lot of 8ft lumbar with the odd occasions of 10-12ft (actually more often than odd occasion).
Anything longer I would surely rent their vehicle and not ruin mine.

But lets say, you wanted to take 2 pieces of 2 x 14/16ft? possible to run through the back window and into the cabin and the rest in the bed?
I know it isn't ideal, but, if its only 2-3 pieces, why rent or grab a trailer (which I don't have yet)

1 - 20 of 102 Posts