DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2012 LEVELING KIT - Ready Lift

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  joelwalls 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

This is my first truck purchase and my first dodge a big upgrade from my mazda three haha. I have been all through this site looking for answers on the 2012 leveling kit i have seen lots of people are having issues with the 2010-11 leveling kits and blistines i was wondering if anyone has a leveling kit on the 2012 as they changed the front end from the 2010-11. I was wondering if anyone has had issues like the vibrations i have read so much about. I have just installed bushwacker paint matched pocket syle flares and need this thing lifted the cheapest way possible so I can put 35" mud countries and 20" fuel hostage rims on. I would do a 4 or 6" lift but dont want to void my warrenty as i paid for the extended warranty. I would love any assistance you guys and gals can offer. I am also concerned about rubbing as i dont wanna start chopping peices on my brand new truck.

#2 ·
I am running the Bilsteins but they are on top of a 6"...

I would run the bilsteins at 2.1" or maybe 1.4" if you dont want the vibrations. From what I've read its anything over 2.1" that is vibrating. The issue isnt bilstein, its just the angles. So any kit could possibly do it. It seems to be hit or miss. My truck doesnt do it. I would recommend bilsteins and run them at 2.1" or possibly 1.4" if the 2.1 gives you issues. Its nothing major, just the angles causing a bind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.