DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a beautiful day today in Southwestern Ontario. I just got back from playing hockey (eh) and I have time to post some pictures that I took from earlier today after I hand washed the beast for the first time. Found a couple of paint flaws (1 drip, 1 void) but I'm not going to complain. They make my truck unique and totally mine. The paint is perfect otherwise.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
Great looking Ram & a 4X4 to boot

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,092 Posts
Beautiful truck, looks great all cleaned up! :smileup:

- Cajun

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did you take your outdoorsman decals off? also did yours come with all the crome? mine has none??
The 2012 model does not have the decals but rather an Outdoorsman badge on the tailgate. Also for 2012 you can get the Monotone Outdoorsman option with body coloured fender flares and chrome bumpers. Geez, I sound like a salesman. Regardless, I like the monotone look with the chrome accents.

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
ONOutdoorsman, great looking truck and I do notice the wax work.
Thanks for pointing me into the direction of Costco to grab those yellow rags.
Works amazing.
What wax do you use? Do you use more than one? Ie steps?
I recall you saying you use Mothers?
Thanks again

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, Mother's carnuba wax. One step process. Bought it last year for my 87 325is and I really like the way it worked on the black Ram. The microfibre cloths do a great job. If my truck is really dirty I will wash it with a bucket and mit then wipe it down with a couple of mf cloths. If it's not too dirty then just plain water in a bucket with a mf cloth and then another to dry. A wet cloth in one hand immediately followed by the dry cloth in the other. Need to use a couple mf cloths for drying now since the truck is pretty big. They do a great job bringing out a streak free shine. I wax the rims as well including the inside. Brake dust just washes right off.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Another guy from Southern Ontario, we need more Northerners Here! ha just playing around man

Truck is looking pretty sexy forsure, nice wax job!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. Need to see more pictures of yours. I'm interested in the headlights. I assume they are brighter and the halos look pretty cool?

You are borderline Quebec up there!

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Yeah, Mother's carnuba wax. One step process. Bought it last year for my 87 325is and I really like the way it worked on the black Ram. The microfibre cloths do a great job. If my truck is really dirty I will wash it with a bucket and mit then wipe it down with a couple of mf cloths. If it's not too dirty then just plain water in a bucket with a mf cloth and then another to dry. A wet cloth in one hand immediately followed by the dry cloth in the other. Need to use a couple mf cloths for drying now since the truck is pretty big. They do a great job bringing out a streak free shine. I wax the rims as well including the inside. Brake dust just washes right off.
Thanks!
Something I will certainly try.
Question....if not really dirty, why do you only use water an the MF towel?
Does it actually get the dirt off?
I'm assuming yes as you're doing it, but never seen a wash this way.

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Another guy from Southern Ontario, we need more Northerners Here! ha just playing around man

Truck is looking pretty sexy forsure, nice wax job!
Thanks. Need to see more pictures of yours. I'm interested in the headlights. I assume they are brighter and the halos look pretty cool?

You are borderline Quebec up there!
Would love to see all your trucks. We should set up a meet at a mid point.
GTA? :smileup:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks!
Something I will certainly try.
Question....if not really dirty, why do you only use water an the MF towel?
Does it actually get the dirt off?
I'm assuming yes as you're doing it, but never seen a wash this way.
If it's just dusty I will use a bucket of water and use 1 wet towel to wipe the dirt off and 1 to dry. I will rinse the wet towel often. Hopefully I will do that a lot this year. Meaning we'll have a long hot and dry summer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts