I am a car guy and getting rid of it and getting a ram

Truck will be a 2012 Ram 1500 Regular cab short box Hemi sport 4x4

I want a 6 inch BDS lift

with 35 inch tire and 20inch wheel

I also want the bush wacker pocket style flares

What I am having trouble with is the rim size

Cause I want it wide but not over the flares so it dosent stick out

this is the wheel I want

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...lse&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

I want no rubbing whatsoever but dont kno about offset and what I can put either 20x9 or 20x10

so I need you guys help

thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would go 20x9 unless you plan on going with larger then 35x12.5R20 which is probably the largest you will want to go with 6inch lift.
I know that if you want to use 35x12.5R20 on a 2-2.5in leveled Ram you need like 1/4 spacers to be clear on full lock but not sure if you still need that on a 6inch lift.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 2012 1500 Laramie with a 2.5 inch leveling kit that the dealer installed before I bought the truck. It came with 20in rims and I changed the tires out to Nitto's that are 35x12.5 I didn't add a spacer since i know for a fact how dangerous they are after a friend wrecked a truck where one came apart. as it sits right now the tires stick out about a quarter of on inch past the factory flaring. I do have a very slight rub at full lock (it's the tread just touching the arm). I plan to change rims this summer as was told that coming out .25 on spacing would be all i needed. This by they tire shop. They had rims there with the backspacing and they tested it and it was what it needed but I wasn't spending the money just yet. If your adding flare I can't see you getting out past it. Here is a pic of mine (not lifted yet but maybe by years end) Good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
It was a mopar kit that the dealer put on. Your dealer should be able to get you the part number. It was installed by them when I bought the truck cost plus install was $500. It is stated to be 2.5 inches but when it is on with the weight it only lifts 2 inches. Don't know how much this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would rather have 20x10

and my tire size that I want is 35x12.50x20 I want the bushwacker pocket flares. and KIBAGAMI I want the tire either flush on the flare but not sticker over

do I need spacers and will i have rubbing problems

going with BDS lift seems to be the best./...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would rather have 20x10

and my tire size that I want is 35x12.50x20 I want the bushwacker pocket flares. and KIBAGAMI I want the tire either flush on the flare but not sticker over

do I need spacers and will i have rubbing problems

going with BDS lift seems to be the best./...
I know with 2-2.5 inch leveling it will probably rub a little on full lock but not sure if it will do the same with the 6inch BDS lift.

If you do need spacer dont buy the cheap "made in China" piece of crap out there, if you don't want to end up like Mariner friend you need Hub Centric Spacers specialy made for the Ram!

Or

You make sure the rims your getting have the extra spacing you need (which I think is about 1/4 inch).

Another option could be to go with 295/65R20 tires which are 35.5in tall but only 12 inch width.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
financing did not go trought boys.... so thanks for the help its much appreciated....

if something happens this summer ill be back just to make sure before I order everything

thank you

·
Registered
55 Posts
Here's a picture of a Ram with 6inch lift and 295/65R20 Nitto Trail Grappler on stock rims (20x9), he is using 1/4in spacers. (no Bushwackers)

This one got like 8in lift and use 35/12.5R20 Mickey Tompson Baja MTZ on stock 20x9 wheel and from what I read he's using Hub Extenders. (with bushwackers)

Hope this help :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Fast, I am in the market for some Bilsteins and rear spacers, maybe .75-1.25". I want a slight rake when I lift it hopefully this summer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts