DODGE RAM FORUM banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
464 Posts
I installed the Mopar splash gaurds a few days ago,and did not drill any holes at all. The factory screws ,I found, are plenty. My truck is bright white,so I just pressed a dab of black rtv silicone into the vacant extra hole. Both front and rear flaps are very secure and look GREAT! No way I was gonna drill holes in a nice,new truck! Jeff :smiley_thumbs_up:
I did pretty much the same thing. But I did drill the hole for the front guard. Without the top screw, there is a small space between the edge of the fender and the guard that can catch dirt and crud.

I'm not really happy with the fit of the rear guards. They fit fine with the fender opening but they don't fit nice and flat against the wheel well liner. I wonder if the Husky guards are the same. I think Mopar guards were designed before the wheel well liners became standard on all the Rams.

· Registered
353 Posts
I have been researching mudflaps recently. I don't care for the molded plastic ones and prefer the traditional flat rubber ones. Got a set of the mopars but i'm not even gonna put them on, the fitup is terrible and quality is poor in my opinion. So, I ended up ordering from duraflap.com. Made in USA! Fit is guaranteed without drilling or removing the corner wheelwell trim pieces. I also added custom artwork stainless weights to the rears. They sent me pix and drawings so I could make a mockup out of cardboard to check holes and length. Expensive, but you get what you pay for. I'll post pix after they arrive and I install.

· Registered
4,245 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
where did you get your mat? How much?.....I just bought a 2012 about 3 weeks ago and am going to put a tonneau cover on it(Extang Trifecta I think) and spray-in would be overkill for me......

I had an Extang Trifecta(tri-folding) cover on my 2008 and absolutely loved it...I know I don't want a hard or snap cover....any recommendations you know of over the Extang??

· Registered
2,236 Posts
heres some before and afters with then mopar splash guards i put on today and the dodge bedmat and tailgate mat...not a huge fan of the install on the tailgate mat but in time it should server its purpose

did you paint the rams head red on your mud flaps? i have the mopar flaps and mine are all black...if you did...nice touch!:smiley_thumbs_up:

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
did you paint the rams head red on your mud flaps? i have the mopar flaps and mine are all black...if you did...nice touch!:smiley_thumbs_up:
yea i used the factory touch up paint i got to fill some chips under my doors i already got:smiledown:"reason for the guards" it comes with a pen tip and brush and fit in the rams head nicely...id recomend using some kind of plastic primer just to help get the paint to stick:smileup:

· Banned
437 Posts
I painted mine, also, but with a much easier method. I masked the logo off with painter's tape after cleaning the area with brake cleaner to remove any grease or oil. I then sprayed the logo with VHT paint and removed the making tape. I took a paper towel folded into a square and saturated with brake cleaner and quickly wiped the area gently so that only the paint in the recesses remained. A few quick wipes with minimal pressure so as not to touch the paint in the recesses is all it takes. Took about 7 minutes per mudflap and no brush strokes.:smileup:

· Registered
2,236 Posts
great suggestions..my truck is black too...but i think id lean to red...should look sweet...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.