DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Someone on the internet asked me for pics of this install so I figured I would share them here too. The other day I replaced the factory head unit (430N-RHB) with an Alpine Halo9 floating touchscreen unit. It is a single-din unit with an attached 9" screen. To install the kit, you will need a double din to single din faschia kit and a din sleeve.

This buildout uses the Maestro iDataLink RR unit to integrate the steering wheel and car electronics into the halo9 display (for instance, I can use the steering volume control, put gauges on the radio screen, check tire pressure sensors, etc.)

I haven't yet run the microphone wire through the headliner, but I'll get around to it eventually. Even though it is connected to the uconnect system, the android auto/carplay functionality needs the directly-connected microphone of the head unit to work properly.

pics!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone,

Someone on the internet asked me for pics of this install so I figured I would share them here too. The other day I replaced the factory head unit (430N-RHB) with an Alpine Halo9 floating touchscreen unit. It is a single-din unit with an attached 9" screen. To install the kit, you will need a double din to single din faschia kit and a din sleeve.

This buildout uses the Maestro iDataLink RR unit to integrate the steering wheel and car electronics into the halo9 display (for instance, I can use the steering volume control, put gauges on the radio screen, check tire pressure sensors, etc.)

I haven't yet run the microphone wire through the headliner, but I'll get around to it eventually. Even though it is connected to the uconnect system, the android auto/carplay functionality needs the directly-connected microphone of the head unit to work properly.

pics!

View attachment 130532 View attachment 130533 View attachment 130534 View attachment 130535
What wiring harness you used to connect the stereo to the truck. I don't mind losing steering wheel controls or adding gauges I just want to change the head unit to a better one.. any hints?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts