DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi Newbie here,

So we have the BDS 664H lift in the truck. We keep blowing out CV axels like a hot damn, like 2 within this last year. They were the cardone select "HD" but either way the boot or whole shaft itself shits the bed. Was there anything we can do that will reduce the angle at which the shaft is at? Any help would be awesome as I will be putting a BDS in my 13 which is the 671F kit and dont want to run into the same issues while resolving his.

Any certain brands you find work better than others, I work at a parts store and not sure if just using another basic GSP cv shaft will still keep doing the same thing.

·
Read Only
36 Posts
BDS is a pretty decent company for lifts. Have you reached out to them or checked out their website for any other people with the same issue? Did they recommend any other parts when you purchased the kit that might have helped with that? It has to be the angle of the shafts like Brandon above mentioned, but it seems odd as that isn't that big of a lift. I have a Rough Country 4" lift and I haven't had any issues with the Ram or with the Silverado that I had basically the same kit on. Either that, or Cardone has a bad bunch of shafts/joints, which isn't like them as they have a good reputation for stock replacement parts for as long as I can remember.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts