DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a costumer with a 2012 ram 2500 5.7 hemi. Complaint is that it has no power when trying to accelerate on the highway unless you put it well past half, then it pretty much goes WOT. So i put a scanner on it and no codes showed up and everything looked normal. I test drove it and noticed it doesn't stay in overdrive at highway speed (100kmh). it also pretty much stops accelerating at 80kmh unless i press the throttle past a certain point then it down shifts and pretty much goes WOT.
when im at cruising speed 100kmh i cant keep it there without downshifting.
there and downshifts again. so i put the scanner on and drove it and notice when im cruising at 100kmh the throttle body pos sensor shows its 76% open. when i put it in the shop took the snorkel off and looked at the throttle plate, its all the way open at 76% is that normal? anybody else have this issue? could it be mds related? im not sure if this truck has that.
list of things done to the truck.
new plugs
new fuel pump (1 year ago because it wouldn't run)
cleaned throttle body
new o2 sensors from a different problem
oh yeah and i relearned crank POS correlation and relearned TPS.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Are the tires larger the. Stock? Did you use a gps to see if The speedometer is correct?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are the tires larger the. Stock? Did you use a gps to see if The speedometer is correct?
No tires are not stock. They are 315/70/70 factory ones are supposed to be 265/70/17 but I could only program them up to 285/70/17 with my scan tool. And no I never thought of checking the speed with gps. I’ll try that next.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: customer is a farmer and ended up being that it didn’t want to run good on purple gas. So put in regular fuel and fixed the problem. Also octane boost in the purple gas also does the trick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts