DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 ram 1500 lonestar with center console and I am looking at new 2500 slt and PW just because I need the center seat upfront. I seen alot of post where people went from sterring column shifter to center console but I didn't see anyone going from center console to stering column. Just wondering if it'd possible. If not I will buy a 2500 with the 6.4 hemi

·
Registered
207 Posts
david,
AS far as i cant tell reading through different posts, its basically the same in reverse. Remove the center console and re-route a shorter shift cable and brake release wiring from under the dash up the column. Then remove the console, add the jump seat, and change out the dash piece. Thats the one most people forget, the dash panel around the radio is different with the center console to the jump seat. There is also a pull out "drawer" that goes in under the new dash panel to fill the void left by the old console.

hope that helps,

-paradit

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is the jump seat part of the drivers seat or passenger seat? Or is it its own seat?

I've always thought it was part of the driver's seat and avoided doing it because of that.

·
Registered
173 Posts
^^^ the jump seat is its own seat, just brackets that link it to the passenger seat.

Also, if you are looking at a PW you wont have much access to the jump seat because the PW has a manual transfer case thats on the floor giving the middle person no place to put their feet

·
Registered
173 Posts
This is also kind of a weird section for this question. Hopefully my above info helps but otherwise try some of the interior sections

1 - 5 of 5 Posts