DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at these two cold air intakes. I'm wondering which would provide the most horsepower boost. If any of you guys are using one of these, please tell me how you feel about it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
You're not going to be able to tell HP boost with your "Butt-Dyno". After all, it's only 5-10HP and at the top of the range at that. IMHO, the PowerCore filter that comes with the Volant is what makes the choice for me. It doesn't load up and loose filtration like the cone filters do and it's warrantied for 100k miles. Good luck shopping! It sure is fun to research and pick upgrades for the truck!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm with Barnyard on the volant and powercore filter.I've had mine for two years now. You cant tell a hp increase if any but it sounds good and is a true CAI unit unlike some out there.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm with Barnyard on the volant and powercore filter.I've had mine for two years now. You cant tell a hp increase if any but it sounds good and is a true CAI unit unlike some out there.
^agreed, although i went with the AFE Stage 2 as i got a deal on one, it claims 23 RWHP. Not sure how true that is but u can feel 'more like hear' a difference tho..

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I would get the new Vararam its a much better choice than the above, not that those arent good, its just the vararam is a track tested product!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts