DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 Ram has the 130 radio without U Connect Phone. It has Satellite and CD. My question is. Can I change this 130 radio out with a U connect radio that has Phone blue tooth capability?

Does the U Connect radio have some sort of remote microphone that will need to be installed? Or is the microphone located on the radio unit itself??

I see the 130 with U Connect on Ebay all of the time... Thanks

·
Premium Member
32,732 Posts
If your going to change out the radio, which you don't have to really do, yours can be upgraded to Uconnect

I wouldn't just go to another 130 RES with the button for Uconnect

Purchase another non Nav radio, the RBZ 430 with Uconnect
or a RHB 430N with Nav & Uconnect

check out what each will do at
www.oemautoparts.com has the manuals for each & what they look like

you may get one either from a Ramforumz member or ebay, check for other places, including wrecking yards

·
Registered
15 Posts
Get #82212159 bluetooth module and #82212160 I-Pod cable if your radio has the phone buttons. #82212159 has a mic. that you mount to the windshield pillar. About $250 +$100 to get your computer reflashed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
how hard is it to add the phone buttons to the steering wheel. I have the EVIC from the towing assist but no phone.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Just want to make sure that you're clear on the Uconnect system. The Uconnect system is only built into the 730 & 730N radios. All the others (like yours) has an external Uconnect module. So if you change the radio out, like with the 430, then you'll still need to add Uconnect in order to have the hands free system.
If your 130 does not have the Uconnect phone buttons then read the link below:
http://ramforumz.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=862259

If your radio does have the Uconnect phone buttons, then you'll just need to add the Mopar kit and the optional iPod cable as mentioned by rbernard1, then have the vehicle flashed for code "RSP".
From what I have heard from a friend at the truck plant, the Ram went to a single dash harness so for costs savings and also to keep from having mis builds. The harness is supposed to be fully populated, if this is true then the controls should be a plug N play setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts