DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sport Crew cab and was wondering if anyone out there has a crew cab Outdoorsman that wouldn't mind crawling under their truck and get the part numbers off the tag on the rear springs. They should be two different part numbers. The tag is at the very top of the spring.

If anyone is interested the springs on my Sport are:

Left - 68042804 AB

Right - 68042803 AB

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
What exactly are you looking to do? Beef up the suspension?

IIRC there is another number besides what you posted (maybe on the other side of the tag) and that is the one you need that is an identifier, not the one you posted. I'll look in my notes when I get home, I have part numbers for crew, quad, and reg cabs I think. Only a couple models though.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am ... the Outdoorsman has a bit heavier spring in the rear than the sport ... not sure what you mean by identifier .. but the numbers I posted are the MOPAR part numbers for the springs .....

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
Ok well the springs on my stock quad cab slt springs had a number like you posted, AND another number. The RT springs that I cut and put in my truck had similarly two sets of numbers, and the other numbers that I gathered from some forum members had two sets of numbers on each tag. The shorter number (that you didn't post) is what I used to reference between all the different springs. I can post actual numbers later, but for example:

crew cab would have 1237(driver side) and 1236(passenger side)
quad cab would have 1236(driver side) and 1235passenger side)
reg cab would have 1235(driver side) and 1234(passenger side)

There are many variations with all this based on cab length, model, 2wd vs 4wd, RT has it's own springs, etc.

Can't the dealer get you the part numbers you're looking for?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting! I guess I'll put her back up on the lift and check all numbers on the tags ... Easier for me to read those numbers when in the air! I'll put those up in a few ...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK ... the only other # on the spring tag other than the MOPAR part # is 12279 and that number appears on both sides, but the part numbers are different.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They both are 12279 the left side is a yellow centered tag and the right one is a red centered tag.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
Here's what I have in my notes:

2009 crew cab 2wd:
Driver's side - 802AB (purple tag)
Passenger's side - 801AB (green tag)

2011 reg cab 2wd RT:
All springs - 68042806AC (blue tag)

2010 quad cab 2wd SLT:
Driver's side - 801AB (green tag)
Passenger's side - 800AB (purple tag)

and yours

2012 crew cab sport (2wd I assume):
Driver's side - 68042804AB
Passenger's side - 68042803AB

I know this doesn't answer your question or really help....but here's some info anyway lol. You can see the relation with the last 3 digits and the two letters between all the springs on different models.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
just get a set of air lift 1k bags if all you want to do is beef it up a little....I love mine

·
Registered
148 Posts
just get a set of air lift 1k bags if all you want to do is beef it up a little....I love mine
X2... with 5-7 lbs in the bags for cruising she still rides nice and they have improved cornering on my truck. And if you want it to ride like a 1 ton jack up the pressure! Biggest bang for the buck improvement I have done to my truck...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you ONOutdoorsman for taking a look ... snrusak ... I am quite familiar with the parts system as I work on Rams daily but 9.9% are 2500/3500 trucks. The spring part #'s I listed are for a 4X4 not 2wd. Thanks for the info. I'll find the last 9 of a VIN from an outdoorsman and call to get the info I need.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts