DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a 1.25" body lift and a 6 inch suspension on my truck. Its a 2012 sport 4x4 that im turning into a beast.
However, if you are looking to buy a 6 inch Rough Country lift you will have to make so modifications to fit.

1. New from driveshaft adapter, the one the send for the "2012" does not line up and is too small due to drive shaft changes from 2011-12. I had to have a custom billet one made.

2. New transfercase brakets, same as the first mod, they will not line up and need to be custom made as well.

Just fyi incase anyones in the market just yet.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Are you sure you didnt order a 2011 part #?

There are two identical kits, one for 2011 and one for 2012, they have like 1 number difference. If you get the 2011 it will have fitment problems with your 2012, and a lot of shops have NO CLUE that there are different kits for the 2012.

My RCX 6" bolted right up, zero problems or issues. The only issues we had were with taking stock parts off, not putting new RCX parts back on.

• Part #: 324S (2012-2013)
• Part #: 329S (2009-2011)

Sounds like you either ordered the wrong part or they shipped the wrong part.
Because I think the difference in the parts is actually the transfer case and front drive shaft.

I honestly think you got the wrong one. Did you order it? Or did the shop order it? Find the box and post pics up of the part # and I can verify if you got the right part number or not.

Like I stated mine bolted right up with zero issues. Took us 7-8 hours

** JUST REALIZED HOW OLD THIS THREAD WAS*****

·
Registered
301 Posts
Some of the issues may be due to the combo of the body lift AND the 6 inch suspension lift.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.