DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2012 RT 5.7 Hemi 390 HP - Piece of Crap...

63532 Views 131 Replies 73 Participants Last post by  roo
Just got back from the dealership. Complained that the trans was slipping. Dealer said NO, it is perfect.???

390 HP and I can't even "chirp" the wheels from a standing start???

I can rev the engine while driving and the RPMS go up but the truck doesn't do anything.???

With the pedal down it shifts through gears like its slogging through Jello.

Is this for real??? Is the dealer right?? What canI do and not mess up my warranty????????

$30,000 for 390 hp???????????
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
418 Posts
Sorry you hate your truck! I can burn my tires off from a dig just by doing WOT. Maybe you have a lemon?
I would agree about it being a lemon. If you really can't even make your tires 'chirp' then something is wrong. I try to use a smooth foot so I don't break the tires free at all. Heck, I've even broken the tires loose with a quick punch to maybe (and I really mean MAYBE) 1/3 throttle. And that's with 3.55 gears.

I didn't watch the video but if it's really like what you're saying then something's gotta be wrong with your truck.
Correction - I just watched the video. Looks fine to me. I don't know what you were expecting. It's not the 6.4L.
But still, I'm not the one driving it. If it feels like something's wrong, keep insisting they have a look at it

· Registered
418 Posts
That's weird that you didn't get a hard copy of an owner's manual with your truck. My Express also came with the hard copy and cd. The CD isn't really a manual though, it's more like a guide to certain features of your truck. No owner's manual is not that big of a deal. Just go download it from the ram trucks website. I have one on my computer. It's just a PDF file

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.