DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2012 RT 5.7 Hemi 390 HP - Piece of Crap...

63530 Views 131 Replies 73 Participants Last post by  roo
Just got back from the dealership. Complained that the trans was slipping. Dealer said NO, it is perfect.???

390 HP and I can't even "chirp" the wheels from a standing start???

I can rev the engine while driving and the RPMS go up but the truck doesn't do anything.???

With the pedal down it shifts through gears like its slogging through Jello.

Is this for real??? Is the dealer right?? What canI do and not mess up my warranty????????

$30,000 for 390 hp???????????
121 - 132 of 132 Posts

· Registered
1,334 Posts
I can't from a stand still. 3.55 non LSD, but knowing I can't keeps me from showing off and killing my truck. I will once in awhile do a burnout though holding the brakes. No problem with that??

· Registered
1,017 Posts
Then you must have a lemon man i have 0 issues with mine towing driving goofing off or anything only prob i had was the tune frying my tranny got new tune new tranny and 0 issues
You guys are comparing two vastly different optioned trucks. That R/T package vs. a 4x4 Bighorn... weight gearing ,stall,there is prob. some difference in the ecu program..just guessing on the later.

· Registered
3,866 Posts
Just saw this thread, I paid 1/2 that for a 510HP SRT10, no problem spinning:smileup:LOL
There's a Regular Cab here in town for sale, $22k with under 40k miles on it, seriously considering getting rid of the Blue rig for it

I can't from a stand still. 3.55 non LSD, but knowing I can't keeps me from showing off and killing my truck. I will once in awhile do a burnout though holding the brakes. No problem with that??
buddy as someone who has a a peg leg 3.55 I promise you it's possible, I did it before I ever did any mods, and now it's just worse lol

· Registered
1,334 Posts
buddy as someone who has a a peg leg 3.55 I promise you it's possible, I did it before I ever did any mods, and now it's just worse lol
Well mine sure as hell won't. If I rev up a little it will squeel a bit. And I can roast them power braking. But from a dead stop, not even a chirp.

· Registered
40 Posts
There is a law against acceleration. It is called "exhibition of speed." Usually it involves racing another vehicle and carries a big ****ing fine along with the points that get tacked on your license.

In Texas there is a law called "exhibition of exhilaration" and it is NOT cheap.

Mine is a used 2011 4x4 with 25k miles and it will chirp about 1 full round wheelspin with TC on but just dig when TC kicks in and when its off that sucker will roast the "cheap goodyears" like my dads Challenger.

· Registered
17,477 Posts
In Texas there is a law called "exhibition of exhilaration" and it is NOT cheap.

Mine is a used 2011 4x4 with 25k miles and it will chirp about 1 full round wheelspin with TC on but just dig when TC kicks in and when its off that sucker will roast the "cheap goodyears" like my dads Challenger.
That's "exhibition of acceleration", Brian. It is, however, exhilarating!

· Registered
386 Posts
Mine will spin them up with 3.55's. I found the secret is to not floor it. From a dead stop with traction control off, jab the pedal to somewhere between 50-75%. I'm guessing there is some over-watching kicking in when it sees the throttle at 100%

· Registered
4,434 Posts

Its called america ill do what i want when i want if i get caught then its on me

121 - 132 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.