DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 2012 Ram 1500 Sport, and the radio sounds really raspy in some areas, is it the antenna or the radio, and what can I do to fix it?

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
in florida, i doubt there is anywhere in that flat wide open state, that reception should be an issue, sounds like you need to check with the dealer.

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
sounds like a problem with the anten. is it loose, or is their a loose connection behind the radio. if it is internal, maybe the dealer will work with you on an up grade.

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
another thought, does it get raspy in the same spot all the time? wish i had a solution for you, but if you visit the dealer, at least it will be on record in case radio just up and dies.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I gotta jump on this one because reception on my radio isn't all that great. Sirius and CD quality sound is good but I've felt the FM reception stunk. Radio stations that should be solid lock on, have static like poor reception or an antenna problem at times. Take the antenna off in the car wash, you'd be lucky to get a signal.

In 2011, the Sport came with the touchscreen radio which was on the wish list for me. For some reason it's no longer standard on the 2012's. Is yours the touchscreen radio?

I had an Alpine unit in my Tahoe before I traded it which was great, and even the A/C Delco radio that originally came with the truck could grab these stations. I was often wondering if the antenna connection was loose, or a crappy tuner in these radios.

I've tolerated it for nearly 6 months since I listen to Sirius most of the time. Commercials are more annoying that some static, but I'm curious to see what your dealer finds.

Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a stock radio in my 2012 Ram sport for about 2 weeks and had a 730n put in after it came in on special order. I was pleased with the sound and reception until the new "so called better" 730n was put in. I have been forced to use the sirius because the static from my local station are annoying enough to make me not listen to it. The kicker is that my wife got a 2012 town and country with the same radio the same day and hers is perfect. still searching for a solution but no answers yet. I'm taking it it again today for another look. The first time they said they were reprograming it and this did not work. Has anyone else figured this out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts