DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HELP ! 2012 tow mirrors not working!! FLASH ?!?!?

I recently bought 2012 tow mirrors off a guy and put them on my 2014.

After doing so lights do not work both turn and dome lights. Also my tempature sensor doesn't work and engine light stays on.

What does work is the power adjuster ( haven't tired the heat yet)

Does anyone know of a way to get the lights to work and get the temp sensor to work again along with getting the engine light to go off lol.

If anyone could help I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
KeithM

·
Registered
236 Posts
First off I would try to reset the pcm. Take the negative terminal off the battery for about 10 minutes and hook it back up and see what happens. Since you made this change the pcm isn't recognizing what you have now. Might need dealer to fix your issue if the battery thing doesn't work. Hope this helps!!

·
Banned
2,552 Posts
Change mirrors.
2012's have the temp sensor in the grill,in 2013 they moved the temp sensor to the drivers side mirror.
You're basically hooped trying to get those mirrors to work on you're 14.
The outdoor temp sensor controls the transmission's shift patterns,you probably don't want to run the mirrors any longer then you have to,as the tranny won't shift properly.
The missing temp sensor,is what causing your check engine to come on

·
Banned
2,552 Posts
That one i have no answer too.
You're best bet is to ask RamTech.
Randy might know if you could fab your old temp sensor and wiring into your new mirrors.
Look at your old drivers side mirror,on the bottom side you should see a rectangular looking cut-out,that should be your outdoor temp sensor
Personally i think you're best bet,would be to buy new mirrors,that's probably not the answer you wanted,but might be your best /cheapest option in the long run

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.