DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought a 2013 2500 SLT and am trying to install an aftermarket stereo. Really hoping someone on here can provide some assistance as I am lost. The truck came with the basic uconnect 3.0 radio and really doesn't have any upgrades or additional packages. The problem I am having is with the wiring harness I bought which is Metra XSVI-6523-NAV. After watching a couple different videos and reading several threads on here and other ram forums I am pretty sure this is the correct harness. I can figure out all the connections between the harness and the aftermarket radio except one. The harness instructions say "Connect the Red wire to the ignition wire of the aftermarket radio". I am attaching a picture of this section of the harness and that is the only red wire I see, which I have labeled 1. I can attach this to the radio no problem as it has the same red wire with the same label. The issue is that the red wire on the harness comes from the plug that I have labeled 2. There is nowhere in my truck to connect this plug. The stock radio has the large wiring harness, USB, regular antenna and SAT antenna. Nothing else. So I can wire it up just like the instructions say, but of course the radio doesn't power on. What am I missing here?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I would suggest using a voltmeter or test light to find the ignition wire from the truck harness and make sure you got ground on the HU

1 - 3 of 3 Posts