DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I thought the 8 speed ZF transmission was only going to be in the V-6 Pentastar Ram

not in any HEMIs, maybe it is coming later, closer to December

The other things were announced about a month ago

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I thought the 8 speed ZF transmission was only going to be in the V-6 Pentastar Ram

not in any HEMIs, maybe it is coming later, closer to December

The other things were announced about a month ago
It will be released in for the Hemi later on down the line. Looks like they're taking away all the tinkering fun you can have with a truck though. The projector headlights with LED turn signals is a nice touch, a lot of ppl do that in the aftermarket anyhow and I'm sure they'd look sharp if you painted them black. Air ride suspension is a nice touch, it auto levels when you have a load in the bed. But I've never been a fan of the Audi/BMW/MB knob shifter style and I think that take a bit of the manliness out of the truck TBH.

·
Registered
669 Posts
All I read was a million extra things to break over the 2012 ram. And those headlights look like they came straight off of ebay. Air ride pretty much eliminated any cheap lift kits I wonder how that whole shebam is going to work...

Junk IMO

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I "kinda" like the new Ram...it's alright. Seems like most of the options that the Ram is now getting are what people kinda complained about losing from trade to the Ram and then some. Power folding mirrors, power sliding rear glass with defrost. Air ride set up means hopefully no more sag when under loads. Complete engine shut off at a stop for better fuel economy.

Seems like they just read a lot of the comments on the forums and added it as a fix to the new Ram. The looks may not be the greatest or the new interior layout but I think as far as functionality goes they are hitting the nail on the head...given everything works as it should.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
LOL @ electronic mini van shift "knob" in the dash??? Really?
even though there's still a console in place for a perfectly good mechanical old school floor shifter? (My 10' Sport has a Hurst in the console)
:LOL:

I like the idea of an 8spd, everything else they can keep

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Damn I'm not impressed at all. I was scared of this. Guess I better baby Big Red cause she is going to have to last now!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I can't figure out the shifter. Why would anybody want it? It looks stupid in a truck. IMO
Air ride sounds kInda cool, but like mentioned above it will be interesting to see how you have to go about lifting or lowering more than what they have set up

·
Registered
669 Posts
LOL @ electronic mini van shift "knob" in the dash??? Really?
even though there's still a console in place for a perfectly good mechanical old school floor shifter? (My 10' Sport has a Hurst in the console)
:LOL:

I like the idea of an 8spd, everything else they can keep
Wow, didn't even see that. Gotta be the most ridiculous thing Ive ever seen. Its not even in a convenient place. junk

·
Registered
78 Posts
yup the shiftier is pretty ridiculous. I can just imagine backing the trailer in to a small space and have pull forward and back up to get the trailer in straight and having to fish around for a knob to change my direction would piss me off to no end

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
yup the shiftier is pretty ridiculous. I can just imagine backing the trailer in to a small space and have pull forward and back up to get the trailer in straight and having to fish around for a knob to change my direction would piss me off to no end
x2 :smileup: Exactly, seems their going a bit to far into the "luxury truck" idea. I don't mind a few creature comforts here and there, but this is still a RAM Truck, not a Porsche SUV/Range Rover. Although now that I think about it they also have air ride suspensions....

·
Registered
208 Posts
Now I'm really mad that I did not wait for the '13 >_>

I probably would not be if my truck was actually delivered to me a couple months ago like it was supposed to be. It is STILL at the factory....

I guess I can wait a few years and just get the 5th gen :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts