DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the NYIAS, a friend of mine had an extra dealer preview pass for Friday. :smileup:

Here are the pics I took of the Ram. They could not answer too many questions about the 2013. IIRC he did say the column shifter will be available with the regular 5-speed auto.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Nice pics, the 2013 RAM looks nice. thanks for the pics!!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
great pics, thanks for sharing. i'm not a fan of the center stack aesthetics on the upscale interior.

·
Registered
219 Posts
thanks for the pic's. not enough exterior changes to lose sleep over. i'm not a bells & whistles guy. just more stuff to break :LOL:

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
thanks for the pics. Looking forward to seeing it in person for myself

Exco

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
Thanks for the pix, it will be weeks before they post some of these pix elsewhere

·
Registered
490 Posts
Nice photos, thanks for posting them. Do you happen to have a photo of the display with the available colors? The only one I've seen doesn't have enough resolution to be able to read the color labels.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Truck looks nice, not sure I like the gear selector idea though.. Can see someone reaching over used to the AC control being there and possibly switching a gear.. Other than that though the truck looks to be pretty nice.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Truck looks nice, not sure I like the gear selector idea though.. Can see someone reaching over used to the AC control being there and possibly switching a gear.. Other than that though the truck looks to be pretty nice.
I'm sorry but I don't think that will ever happen, did you ever put your truck in four high instead of turning an accessory knob?

I think some are over thinking the knob, might take a little getting use to but it really won't be any different than the 4x4 selector that's in the trucks now

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'm sorry but I don't think that will ever happen, did you ever put your truck in four high instead of turning an accessory knob?

I think some are over thinking the knob, might take a little getting use to but it really won't be any different than the 4x4 selector that's in the trucks now
Yeah, but sometimes shitting manually is a near instant engagement. Not sure how it will be with the knob. Sort of like the BMW's with the paddle shifter to get it into gear. You lose manual, now no lever for automatic. Starting to feel like my Xbox. Then again I am the guy who loves the push start! :LOL:

·
Registered
490 Posts

Yeah I'm pretty sure people will be able to operate a knob successfully.

I'm not a fan of the new knob shifter but I must be the only one who doesn't like the console mounted shifter either. What a waste of useful space. That's something to me that seems like it belongs in a car and not a truck. Given a choice between the two, I'd probably opt for the knob and the extra storage space in the console. But I'd much rather have the shifter mounted on the steering column where it belongs.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Wonder if they will have an Orange color for the 2013 Model like they did back in 09... If they do I might be in trouble with the wife! :box:

Thanks for the awesome pics!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hmm, on the black truck (pics 8 and 9, side and 3/4 view) you can see that the truck has Sport rims but this truck doesn't have the body color Sport bumpers. Wonder if the Sports are going to have chrome bumpers? Or if they just put the Sport rims on a Big Horn?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah I'm pretty sure people will be able to operate a knob successfully.

I'm not a fan of the new knob shifter but I must be the only one who doesn't like the console mounted shifter either. What a waste of useful space. That's something to me that seems like it belongs in a car and not a truck. Given a choice between the two, I'd probably opt for the knob and the extra storage space in the console. But I'd much rather have the shifter mounted on the steering column where it belongs.
I agree with you about the shifter on the column. It took me a while to warm up to the idea of a center console shifter in a truck, but now the whole shifter knob is throwing me for another loop. But you're right, us shifter on the column guys are definitely in the minority as my local dealer doesn't even bother ordering big horns without a center console due to lack of demand.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts