DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone
Can someone direct me to the Chrysler/Dodge/Ram complaints department please? Maybe the C.E.O.'s home phone number would be helpful.

2013 Ram 1500, 8 speed 3.6L, 65,000km NO Start. I've owned it since 58,000km.

Just had a new starter installed on Saturday after having the truck towed to the dealer. Truck ran for 3 days in a row!
Lots of electrical errors:
check engine,
service 4wd,
service shifter

are the three main trouble errors over the last 2 weeks.

Any suggestions?
Dan

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,458 Posts
Contact RAM cares on the forum they should be able to help with your problem

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update
The truck has been running for 4 days now!!!
Initial codes were
P0622
P1915
P1B13
U1465
U1466
U1467

Those codes were cleared and parts were 'flashed (?)'
A new starter motor was installed.
A few days later; a ground cable was found to be loose. It was cleaned and a new hole was drilled for the ground.
A few days later; a second ground cable (redundant) was installed. It seems that the Dealership only called for Dodge Tech Support after my truck was towed-in the 5th time.
$1400.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks like I got off cheap. I basically had the exact same issue. The tech at my local dealership was able to spot the bad ground, but only after installing a new starter. Luckily the codes were still happening after the install so they knew to keep looking. Today is also day 4 for me with no issues. I am thinking about doing a big three grounding kit. Hopefully that will help prevent these kind of issues.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looks like I got off cheap. I basically had the exact same issue. The tech at my local dealership was able to spot the bad ground, but only after installing a new starter. Luckily the codes were still happening after the install so they knew to keep looking. Today is also day 4 for me with no issues. I am thinking about doing a big three grounding kit. Hopefully that will help prevent these kind of issues.
Are these issues popping up with the 3.6

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good question, I haven't seen anyone else besides myself and Dan having this problem but it seems like a pretty big coincidence. Also, my truck was bought used and actually came from Canada. I noticed Dan is in Ontario. I am wondering if there was a batch that had bad grounds. The issue definitely took a while to present itself. My truck now has 45k miles on it. I would say anyone having weird electrical issues should have their grounds checked first. It's an easy fix when it's diagnosed properly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Everyone
Can someone direct me to the Chrysler/Dodge/Ram complaints department please? Maybe the C.E.O.'s home phone number would be helpful.

2013 Ram 1500, 8 speed 3.6L, 65,000km NO Start. I've owned it since 58,000km.

Just had a new starter installed on Saturday after having the truck towed to the dealer. Truck ran for 3 days in a row!
Lots of electrical errors:
check engine,
service 4wd,
service shifter

are the three main trouble errors over the last 2 weeks.

Any suggestions?
Dan
I have this same truck I have electrical problem starting from Fuel pump relay dash board outlets stopped working, radio comes on by itself. Truck lifters replaced twice at 75,000 and 130,000 I’m a female I didn’t drive the truck hard or carry large loads and oil change never late.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts