DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 ram 1500 5.7 hemi. I have replaced cam, lifters, gaskets, spark plugs, connecting rods due to a work lobe on the cam from a lifter not functioning properly over a period of time. In addition replaced the oil pump and oil pressure sensor due to the pressure being low at isdle and at higher speeds when the vehicle gets to operating temperature. At isdle the oil pressure is 5PSI. All other speeds stay between 18-40 PSI. Check engine light stays on reads different issues every time I check. Right now it says cylinder 3 misfire due to spark plugs. It’s not MDS, turned it off and oil pressure didn’t change What the heck is wrong.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I'm going to say if your questioning the oil pressure, you need a mechanical gauge to verify first. If the CEL is on get a scan tool and see what codes are showing up. That way you will have an idea where to start looking. Most parts stores can scan the vehicle codes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to say if your questioning the oil pressure, you need a mechanical gauge to verify first. If the CEL is on get a scan tool and see what codes are showing up. That way you will have an idea where to start looking. Most parts stores can scan the vehicle codes.
It throws different codes every time I get it checked and they are never closely related to the last code.

·
Registered
19 RAM 1500 5.7 Etorque. Falcon Wildpeak AT3W/ JMS PedalMax/weatherTech TechLiner/Gator Quad fold
992 Posts
I have a 2013 ram 1500 5.7 hemi. I have replaced cam, lifters, gaskets, spark plugs, connecting rods due to a work lobe on the cam from a lifter not functioning properly over a period of time. In addition replaced the oil pump and oil pressure sensor due to the pressure being low at isdle and at higher speeds when the vehicle gets to operating temperature. At isdle the oil pressure is 5PSI. All other speeds stay between 18-40 PSI. Check engine light stays on reads different issues every time I check. Right now it says cylinder 3 misfire due to spark plugs. It’s not MDS, turned it off and oil pressure didn’t change What the heck is wrong.
Log every code it displays every time. Even if you dont think they're related. As for the oil pressure, what kind of pump did you install? Was it a off brand or oem? Some of those off brand truck pumps function in a way that would barely work for a Honda let alone a Ram truck. Hemi Engine? I have a 2017 5.7 and it's almost always around 50psi while driving casually so anything below 40 is definitely a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts