DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any one has had similar electronics issues.
1. Random reset on uconnect system while driving.
2. System freeze. Key fob will not work at all but you can still start the truck and drive it around even with the alarm going off. ( side note you can still use the iphone app to unlock your doors but it wont disable the alarm)
3. assist system will pop on about once a week tell you it needs service then go away after about 30 seconds.

Do I just need to do the update or do i have real problems with my truck.?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I was wondering if any one has had similar electronics issues.
1. Random reset on uconnect system while driving.
2. System freeze. Key fob will not work at all but you can still start the truck and drive it around even with the alarm going off. ( side note you can still use the iphone app to unlock your doors but it wont disable the alarm)
3. assist system will pop on about once a week tell you it needs service then go away after about 30 seconds.

Do I just need to do the update or do i have real problems with my truck.?
I had problems #1 & #3 on my 8.4 radio. I finally pushed the "Assist" button on the rear view mirror for Uconnect support. After I answered several questions they determined my radio had a hardware problem and had to be replaced. They said when I brought the truck in for service to inform the dealership to contact Uconnect for authorization to replace the radio as the incident had been logged. I have had the new radio for several weeks and so far it's fine.

I agree with the other responses that you need to have the dealership diagnose and fix the problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts