DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I ordered my Ram two weeks ago, no word yet when I might get it but I thought I would start getting some opinions on my planned mods.

Here is my order sheet:

2013 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4 QC
Mineral Grey
Interior
UconnectAN
Leather
ParkVeiw
ParkSense
Exterior
Rear Window Defroster
Receiver Hitch
Bedliner
RamBox
Sport Performance Hood
Powertrain
3.55 Rear Axle Ratio
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
8 speed transmission
Packages
Remote Start and Security Group
Sport Premium

And my planned mods:

- Debadge all except front/back rams
Paint ram badges black with color match grey background
- Charger style vinyls (concept pic attached, sorry its not too good of a quality I don't have photoshop)
- Blacken stock rims
Anodize, powder coat, automotive paint, or bedliner (anyone who has done any of these I would appreciate your input)
- Blacken the grill inserts
- AVS or weather tech Vent Visors
- Lo-Pro Truxport cover w/ lights (this company has treated me great in the past)
- DeeZee Rough Step running boards (does any one have these, opinions?)
- Weather tech floor liners
- Reverse lights - thinking rigid LEDs (any other good quality light, about the same price range?)

Mods I'm considering:
- Black fender flares
are there any on the market that are full length for the front? most of the ones on a sport that I have seen end above the bumper. Looks good if its on one of the models that doesn't have a color match bumper but not quite right on on sport or express.
- Recon cab smoke running lights
- Blackened taillights/headlights
Just not sure about reducing the visibility
- Tints (I'll have to see if the factory ones are enough for me)
- CAI
- Magnaflow or flowmaster exhaust

So much stuff to do and I don't even see it for 4 - 6 weeks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I'm not a big "decal" kind of guy, plain and simple just looks so clean & mean to me.
But if I had to pick, I would say the second one forsure.

Looking forward to seeing the work you do!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I like the first pic of decals. Sounds like a sweet build. I look forward to following it!

·
Addicted to the Z
15,440 Posts
Nice list, looking forward to the pics when you get it. I went with the OEM flares on my Sport and yes they do not go all the way down on the front. However since its a black truck it is hardly noticeable. If you want them all the way down you could try bushwacker, I believe that they have them.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the vote of confidence guys, I'll have pics up as soon as I pick it up.

Thanks for the tip Rans. I'll have to look into the bushwacker flares. Your truck looks great. I do love the black with chrome look, I almost went for it. But my Dakota was grey with black accents and I just can't get away from it.

I had some time to mess with photoshop and I have another pic of the vinyls I was thinking of.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Not much of a fan of vinyls either.. but to each their own! Your truck, your way! I really like your color option, though I am biased. ;)

I have the AVS in-channel visors and cannot tell you how pleased I am with them. The company, Lund, is also extremely wonderful to deal with, should an issue arise!

Mod list looking good.. I look forward to seeing how your new truck turns out for you! :smileup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Ka1ote, glad to hear Lund has good customer service. Plus they look good on your truck, I'll probably be going with the AVS.

I'm going to save the vinyls till last, I don't want to do all my other mods afterwards then ask my self, hey where did all the grey go? Don't want to end up over doing it.

Thanks for the input guys!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update

My truck is officially built and in for final inspection, no estimated delivery date yet though. But I did order the first of my mods:

-TruXedo Lo Pro QT Soft Roll-Up Tonneau Cover
-B-Lighting System
-WeatherTech Digital Fit Floor Liners
-AVS In-channel Ventvisors

Can wait to pick it up and start the mods.

I've decided to pick up a few cans of Plasti Dip and experiment with a few vinyl ideas. I'll be sure to post lots of pics for your input.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well this update has been put off for too long, I picked up my truck about a little over two weeks ago. The first 1300 miles has gone fantastic. I'm still amazed that I bought a full size truck with a hemi and 3.55 gears and I'm seeing just shy of 21 MPG average.

But on to the pics of the truck!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got my first mod done the same day I picked her up. The first was a Lo Pro QT tonnaeu cover. I'm quite happy with it, it has a nice low profie and it can be completely removed. You just leave the rails on. I did a full review here:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=143863

Unfortunately I haven't gotten around to installing the bed lighting yet but I'm hoping I'll find some time this weekend.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Its slowly coming together, can't wait till I get those mopar wtw stainless sidesteps. I bought a pair last week, gottem home and they were dented :shakehead:, thankfully I have a good dealer. Took one look at them and ordered a new set. Should have them on tomorrow night if all goes well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts