DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me why the side mirrors do not tilt at the same angle when you select the tilt when in reverse option?

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
Welcome to this RamforumZ

I can't help you with mirror tilt, on my '09, i have to use the arm rest buttons

·
Registered
785 Posts
I didn't know they would do that. News to me, but it's a great feature I suppose. What do you mean tilt at same angle?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RAM 1500 Tilt Mirrors

Within the setup on Uconnect you can select if you want the mirrors to automatically tilt down when you put your truck in reverse. This is helpful when backing up into a parking spot because you can see the parking spot lines.

However, what I have found was that the passenger mirror tilts down further then the passenger side mirror.

Trying to figure out if this is a problem or by design. If by design, wanted to know why because you would think it would be the same angle.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I would assume the tilt would be different as the distance an angle of view is different based upon distance to mirror. Just my thoughts, I do not have that feature.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I bet it's by design, due to different angle from driver's seat. Now that I think about it, my Chevy did the same thing. I never used it...didn't like it much. Seemed there was a delay in selecting reverse and mirror movement. I was already rolling backward before mirrors were in position.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I love this feature on my 2013.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I believe it will remember the position for reverse tilt on each mirror. Adjust them while in reverse with the feature on and it should remember the position.

I had/have this on my Nissan Quest. Worked for maybe 6 months.

The tows with the convex mirror take care of it now on the Ram.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have a sport and not sure if I have this option, I'll play around with it at lunch Ive been wanting this so bad since every truck Ive owned before this one has had tow mirrors with convex and you can see the rear tire when backing up..

·
Registered
157 Posts
This is interesting. Going to check my truck for this option.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have noticed this exact same issue with my 2013 Laramie. Interestingly, my 2011 Chrysler 300C does the same thing - I took it to the dealer for them to diagnose thinking there was a problem with the mirror, etc. They said there was no mechanical problem & it was working properly. I've grown accustomed to the tilt angle difference. However, I'll try the "adjust the mirrors while in reverse" and see if that works....

·
Registered
34 Posts
If they took this from Mercedes, they would be adjustable. I'll check to see if the same setting protocol works on the Ram and advise.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've tried adjusting mine while tilted but they don't stay that way once you take it out of reverse don't guess there is a memory function for that wish there was

1 - 20 of 25 Posts