DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my RAM 1500 today had its first major issue just 60 miles after it hit 88K. Earlier today i was trying to get into my garage which requires backing up, but when i put the transmission into reverse it didn’t move and made a very loud whining noise when i revved the engine.

Now, a few hours later, Reverse is fine and everything is working properly. Any help?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Hello, my RAM 1500 today had its first major issue just 60 miles after it hit 88K. Earlier today i was trying to get into my garage which requires backing up, but when i put the transmission into reverse it didn’t move and made a very loud whining noise when i revved the engine.

Now, a few hours later, Reverse is fine and everything is working properly. Any help?
Hi NickSteel,

I certainly understand why this would be concerning! If you end up having to address this with your dealer, please let us know via private message. We are happy to provide additional assistance during that process.

Mark
RamCares

·
Registered
2 Posts

Mine is a 2011 and has been doing the same thing for the past 40-50k. I have had it to the dealer a few times and of course it doesn’t do it when I drop it off. It seems to do it when it is warm more often

1 - 3 of 3 Posts