DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any news, updates, rumors, etc on the 2013 Ram 2500 and 3500?

·
Registered
22,788 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, maybe Dodge is gonna wait untill 2014 to freshen up the 2500. I was kinda hoping there would be some major updates for 2013, thinking it would increase my chances of getting a great deal on a 2012!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I also read that they are going to use urea... whatever is going on they sure are taking some sweet time to release a picture they also have not scheduled when they will be building the ram HD's this summer... I sure hope they dont put the ugly bumper and headlights from the 2013 1500's on the '13 HD's, I think next year I am going to get me one

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
Usually, the 2500 & 3500 models run a year behind the 1500, as far as body style

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Usually, the 2500 & 3500 models run a year behind the 1500, as far as body style
thats what I was thinking too just weird how they havent released anything or any pics of it, been reading on the cummins forum a bit about the release seems to be alot of different ideas and rumors about what may come

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
just an update to this if people are still wondering about the 13 HD's, I read on another forum that the 2013 HD's may not be introduced until the 2013 year, meaning they wont be available until sometime after Jan 1 2013. Not sure how true that is but it seemed to be coming from a pretty reliable source with ties to RAM... He said that they WILL have urea and that, that is the reason for holding off prodcution of the 2013's was to get as many 2012's without urea into the market... once again that is just what I have read. Also read that up until now RAM and cummins have been doing alot of testing and that is why they havent released any info.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does anyone know what urea is .... I use to haul it as fertilizer ... so now they are mixing it with diesel ... sort of sound like a mixture for a bomb ... as they used in OK to blow up the Federal building
this is not the answer to to look for much better cheaper ways to get clean exhaust and able to get full power
get rid of all the garbage they added to the truck that robs power and lowers fuel mileage and that makes it worse in pollution .... make use of free fuel mixture with diesel .. be it injected by CNG or propane or Methane in the diesel or again injected
now I have heard of all kinds of ways they want to try and they more or less will have the new models out later than normal ... but I would think that they would not wait much later than the other company's to release theres ... time is money
but what are we ... just ppl that buy what they offer us and it is up to us to make it better .... also have anyone checked out places that even sell urea ... I can only find 6 places in a area of 8 million ppl live .... so what is the chance of finding that product on a long travel

·
Registered
157 Posts
Does anyone know what urea is .... I use to haul it as fertilizer ... so now they are mixing it with diesel ... sort of sound like a mixture for a bomb ... as they used in OK to blow up the Federal building
this is not the answer to to look for much better cheaper ways to get clean exhaust and able to get full power
get rid of all the garbage they added to the truck that robs power and lowers fuel mileage and that makes it worse in pollution .... make use of free fuel mixture with diesel .. be it injected by CNG or propane or Methane in the diesel or again injected
now I have heard of all kinds of ways they want to try and they more or less will have the new models out later than normal ... but I would think that they would not wait much later than the other company's to release theres ... time is money
but what are we ... just ppl that buy what they offer us and it is up to us to make it better .... also have anyone checked out places that even sell urea ... I can only find 6 places in a area of 8 million ppl live .... so what is the chance of finding that product on a long travel
We (State of Maryland) just got two new Ford 250's with Urea tanks. Fleet didn't even consider how we were gonna fill them. They're purchasing 5 gallon buckets and our automotive dept will fill them as needed. We've already had some issues finding vendors and getting supplied in Baltimore. Typical state stupidity. I would assume truck stops would have it for the long trips. Does anybody know?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, pretty much all truck stops carry urea, the Fords and Chevys have been using it for a couple years as well as a lot of the bigger trucks. It's really not as big a deal as everybody makes it seem. If it means getting rid of the junk exhaust sytem used on the 6.7, and better mileage stock, I'm all for cummins going to urea.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts