DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello have a question for anyone that may have had a similar issue.
I'm in Ontario Canada and I bought a 2013 ram 1500 about 1 year ago.
just last week when I was washing it I found what appeared to be 2 small rust bubbles starting one on the drivers rear wheel well and one in the middle of the front fender. I took it to my local dealer they took a lot of pictures and sent them to headquarters for approval to repair. I heard back the next day that they will fix it by replacing the fender and box side. but they need it for 5 days and will not cover a rental for this period. I am glad they are fixing it. but I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yep. 2013 had a front fender replaced at 30k miles, and now two small bubbles over my drivers side wheel well. I think rust warranty is only good for 50k miles and I'm at 67k now so looks like I'm good and f*&%ed... thanks a lot Fiat...

Oh and my rear bumper is showing signs of bleed through and some rot right under the plastic below the license plate.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
You are lucky that they are repairing it. I have an 11 Avenger that has rust on the inside of the door seam and they won't touch it because it has not rusted thru creating a hole.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Also live in Ontario, do you know if there was any rust proofing done on the truck either from Ram or something like Krown?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I was surprised also that they are covering it. It is such a small spot right now but it does still have 18 month rust warranty left. And it does only have 41k on it. When I bought it the dealer said the previous owner did have some kind of rust coating added through dodge as far as I know but I do not have any paperwork on it.

·
Super Moderator
34,714 Posts
No rust here

·
Registered
193 Posts
You are lucky that they are repairing it. I have an 11 Avenger that has rust on the inside of the door seam and they won't touch it because it has not rusted thru creating a hole.
Wait - you have a 6 year old car, running it in the rust belt and you think it should be a warranty issue?

·
Super Moderator
34,714 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
And best of all RED state. Watching 13hrs on Hulu. I recommend it.
Great movie... it makes me really angry though. They left all those people there...

Anyway, Texas is great. Been through there a couple times but only in the north (Amarillo and Dallas).

I hope to live in a free state one day. New Jersey is a communist republic.

And about the rust... that's disappointing to see. My buddy was just saying "I don't want to buy a Dodge (RAM) truck. It seems like they always rust for some reason" And I argued with him that they don't rust any worse than any other truck.
Hopefully I'm right. I'd hate if they have a real rust problem.

·
Super Moderator
34,714 Posts
Great movie... it makes me really angry though. They left all those people there...

Anyway, Texas is great. Been through there a couple times but only in the north (Amarillo and Dallas).

I hope to live in a free state one day. New Jersey is a communist republic.

And about the rust... that's disappointing to see. My buddy was just saying "I don't want to buy a Dodge (RAM) truck. It seems like they always rust for some reason" And I argued with him that they don't rust any worse than any other truck.
Hopefully I'm right. I'd hate if they have a real rust problem.
No truck rusts as bad as a Toyota. The others are all about the same

Reactions: Mikeyfrano

·
Banned
329 Posts
Toyota had recalled some tacoma frames for rust. The new tocomas suck and so does the 3.5 Atkins motor. Big overpriced POS. Older tacoma had some good years and top resale.

·
Super Moderator
34,714 Posts
Toyota had recalled some tacoma frames for rust. The new tocomas suck and so does the 3.5 Atkins motor. Big overpriced POS. Older tacoma had some good years and top resale.
No, they recalled a large amount of Tundra and Tacoma frames all the way up to 2007, but only after having class actions brought against them. There are over 800,000 affected trucks.

And don't forget the breaking lockers on the Tacos

·
Super Moderator
34,714 Posts
Steers are no problem at all:

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,435 Posts
No rust on my Laramie. Get the salt off asap. Power wash the undercarriage including removing the spare lubricate the mechanism Give it a good wax at least 2 times a year. 4 times is better. You will have no rust issues. preventive maintenance is must in any state that uses road salt.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I looked under my 2014 the other day and it still looks pretty good almost new. I try to hit the underside with the power washer at least every other week in the winter time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts