DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Any suspension experts out there! I need your help. Attached are two photos of the top of my struts. Im hearing a god aweful squeak everytime i ride on the road, weather it be smooth bumpy, ect. I found my left side strut where the suspension rod bolts to the top is ok (but a little of center) and my right is actually metal on metal making it squeak. Is there a possibility that whoever installed them put them in a different orientation? is there anyway for me to make them center without buying new struts?

Thank you much,

E.J.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
You could try to loosen the top of the strut and seeing if you can move it over and tighten it back down. I'm not sure if you can do that with it in place, but I hope you can. It's worth a try.

Do you not want to buy new struts because you can't afford it right now or just because you don't want to spend money on it if you don't have to? I replaced my struts and shocks a couple years ago with some Bilstiens and got a much better ride. They're worth the money in my opinion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed bilsteins myself and have the exact same problem. Were you able to re enter them without taking the strut back out?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts