DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called dealership about repairing the OPS at a cost of $250. The part from the dealer is $50 and online $18 -up. I want to replace it myself if I can. Simple to do if I can get to it. Any tips since it is part of the oil filter housing? I cannot see how to get to it.

·
Registered
2014 Bighorn 3.6 Pentastar
137 Posts
You Tube "3.6 Pentastar oil cooler replacement"'
You will find a bunch of videos.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but need how to get to the oil pressure sensor. The oil cooler is not the problem. My oil pressure gauge is showing oil high psi.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sorry, should have been clearer on my post. The pressure sensor is located on the back side of the oil cooler I just had replaced.
Check out the You Tube videos on how to replace the cooler, the tech mentions those switch(s).
You would NOT have to remove the oil cooler of course.
You say high pressure-the two speed oil pump does pump at 100 PSI when cold, then drops when warmed up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, should have been clearer on my post. The pressure sensor is located on the back side of the oil cooler I just had replaced.
Check out the You Tube videos on how to replace the cooler, the tech mentions those switch(s).
You would NOT have to remove the oil cooler of course.
You say high pressure-the two speed oil pump does pump at 100 PSI when cold, then drops when warmed up.
View attachment 131673
View attachment 131674
Thanks, did you do it yourself or mechanic? I took off the cover but still could not see the back of the unit to access the switch.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have the extended warranty, the dealer took care of it.
My thread is the "Another oil cooler thread” on the 2014 trucks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
when the dealer changed mine after the dealer messed it up they said they had to pull the oil filter assembly apart to replace it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts