DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - Question/ Request for input here.

I am considering a 2014 2500 6.7L Limited Megacab with 94K miles on it. I've walked and drove the truck multiple times and it is really clean, in good cosmetic condition. After reviewing the records on it - it came out of KY (I am in NY) and it didn't hit 53K miles until 2020 - the remainder was put on in the past 18months or so. I rolled underneath it and found what you see in the pictures.

How much of an issue is this? Is it (in your collective opinions) a reason to pass on buying it? Normal? Sign of significant damage?

Thank you in advance.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting Rim
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Gas

·
Registered
93 Posts
Looks normal for the year and miles for a diesel. Look for marks on bolts and engine components from the top that could indicate major work on the engine. The price of the truck might be the biggest factor in the decision to purchase. If it's a good price, a small oil leak or two can be fixed. Clean the oil and find the source. Likely just a gasket or O-ring, it doesn't look like it has a bunch of different leaks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$48K....market still seems crazy - I only need 3 years out of it until alimony is over with - but if it is still running strong I'll run it into the ground. Not a speck of rust on this thing, leather doesn't even look like someone has owned it - its in amazing shape.

Too high of price?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks normal for the year and miles for a diesel. Look for marks on bolts and engine components from the top that could indicate major work on the engine. The price of the truck might be the biggest factor in the decision to purchase. If it's a good price, a small oil leak or two can be fixed. Clean the oil and find the source. Likely just a gasket or O-ring, it doesn't look like it has a bunch of different leaks.
$48K....market still seems crazy - I only need 3 years out of it until alimony is over with - but if it is still running strong I'll run it into the ground. Not a speck of rust on this thing, leather doesn't even look like someone has owned it - its in amazing shape.

Too high of price?

·
Registered
93 Posts
A little extra money for the diesel and 4wd compared to a gas version. If you need that 6.7 for a lot of towing then it may be worth it because those trucks are harder to find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts