DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 2500 Ram with the backup camera and cargo camera. I installed the infotainment backup camera reroute wiring kit so that I can get the tailgate camera to display on my 8.4 screen and in the rearview mirror when I put it in reverse. It worked fine for a few months. When I put the truck in reverse the tailgate camera displays on the rearview mirror and I can toggle between the tailgate camera and the cargo camera on the 8.4 screen. A few weeks ago I noticed that the tailgate camera image is reversed? Objects on the drivers side show up on the passenger side and vice versa (makes it almost impossible to back up to a trailer). I read somewhere that it could be a firmware issue so I checked on UConnect and I did have an update. I updated my software from 18.11 to 18.45.01. Once I did that all hell broke loose. I no longer have any camera image on the 8.4 when I put it in reverse. I have to manually go to the apps and press the cargo camera button for it to come on the screen. The rearview mirror camera comes on as it should but it is still backwards. When I manually press the cargo camera button on the 8.4 screen the tailgate camera image comes on (still backwards) but I no longer have the option to toggle between the cargo and the tailgate camera. I'm sure it's because the 18.45 software update doesn't work with the Infotainment aftermarket reroute kit.
So I have 2 questions.

1) What would cause my camera image to be backwards/reversed?
I have uninstalled and re-installed the Infotainment wiring kit but it didn't fix it.

2) Is there any way to roll back to my previous firmware so I can toggle between the cargo and tailgate cameras and so it will automatically display on the screen when I put the truck in reverse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 2500 Ram with the backup camera and cargo camera. I installed the infotainment backup camera reroute wiring kit so that I can get the tailgate camera to display on my 8.4 screen and in the rearview mirror when I put it in reverse. It worked fine for a few months. When I put the truck in reverse the tailgate camera displays on the rearview mirror and I can toggle between the tailgate camera and the cargo camera on the 8.4 screen. A few weeks ago I noticed that the tailgate camera image is reversed? Objects on the drivers side show up on the passenger side and vice versa (makes it almost impossible to back up to a trailer). I read somewhere that it could be a firmware issue so I checked on UConnect and I did have an update. I updated my software from 18.11 to 18.45.01. Once I did that all hell broke loose. I no longer have any camera image on the 8.4 when I put it in reverse. I have to manually go to the apps and press the cargo camera button for it to come on the screen. The rearview mirror camera comes on as it should but it is still backwards. When I manually press the cargo camera button on the 8.4 screen the tailgate camera image comes on (still backwards) but I no longer have the option to toggle between the cargo and the tailgate camera. I'm sure it's because the 18.45 software update doesn't work with the Infotainment aftermarket reroute kit.
So I have 2 questions.

1) What would cause my camera image to be backwards/reversed?
I have uninstalled and re-installed the Infotainment wiring kit but it didn't fix it.

2) Is there any way to roll back to my previous firmware so I can toggle between the cargo and tailgate cameras and so it will automatically display on the screen when I put the truck in reverse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts