DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
I have a 2014 Black Ram Edition Crew cab on order. I'm trying to be prepared when it arrives, so doing a little Q n A. I probably should have checked before I ordered the subs(Rockford fosgate P3's), but is the Uconnect 5.0 system compatible with a sub woofer set up? Does it have the right plugs in the back of the head unit? I live in Hawaii, so most everything has to be ordered from the mainland or you get bent over the table on prices. I found a great box for under the seat in back will hold 2 12" subs but this one blocks the cup holders any ideas on that fix? I should have prefaced this I already tried a search for this type of question, but the search tab doesn't seem to agree with my phone for some reason. Anyone else have that problem? Thanks in advance.
-Hoof Hearted

·
Registered
223 Posts
pretty sure it does not have pre amp outputs in the rear of the headunit. best thing to do is to run a line out convert or LOC to your rear speaker.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the 8.4a, as stated, I took my signal from the rear speakers and used a line out converter. I also have a Rockford sub, a R2D2 10 inch and its hits hard. Good luck, send me some L & L for the info, LOL.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the 8.4a, as stated, I took my signal from the rear speakers and used a line out converter. I also have a Rockford sub, a R2D2 10 inch and its hits hard. Good luck, send me some L & L for the info, LOL.
Are you only running an amp for your subwoofers? I believe with the 8.4 generation audio system, if you grab a signal from the rear doors, it's not full range and not suitable for anything other than midrange and below. IE Great for subs, but not for much else.

Do you have the alpine premium system?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do not have the Alpine system, so I believe my signal is full range in the rear. Also, I am running a amp(400 watts) to the sub only and it rattles the truck. The only other thing I did was change out the dash speakers to Kicker 3.5, the difference was amazing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Soo much confusion about finding "Full range signal", just wondering if someone could clarify for me. I have a 2014 sport with 8.4" non-Alpine sys. 6 speakers no sub, just to be clear lol. I want to add a sub, and components for the fronts doors. My question is, where is a full range signal? Do I need to use an LC2i to get everything working correctly? Or can I use an LOC or the JL speaker wire to RCA ? Do I still need A full range signal in order to use the LC2i and get the components to work correctly? Or can I use LOC/JL speaker wire to RCA for the front amp as well?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Soo much confusion about finding "Full range signal", just wondering if someone could clarify for me. I have a 2014 sport with 8.4" non-Alpine sys. 6 speakers no sub, just to be clear lol. I want to add a sub, and components for the fronts doors. My question is, where is a full range signal? Do I need to use an LC2i to get everything working correctly? Or can I use an LOC or the JL speaker wire to RCA ? Do I still need A full range signal in order to use the LC2i and get the components to work correctly? Or can I use LOC/JL speaker wire to RCA for the front amp as well?
What I would suggest is getting some sort of tone generator whether it be mp3 on a disc or an application on your phone. Or even sweeps to find out if you have full range or not! Which amp do you have?

·
Registered
773 Posts
I read that the *front* doors - on a 2-door - get the "full" spectrum,,,,

dunno about the 4 doors ...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also plan on adding JL C3 components and XD400/4, going to use a JL W3 10 inch in a Fox ported drivers side box, If it ever gets here, o_O going on 3 weeks since I purchased it. Might also add 3.5s in the dash, not sure if they will mess with the front stage or not but such an easy upgrade I figured why not. just on deck power though and I will leave the factory rears for fill. Thinking it might be best to use the Audio Control LC2i, and Dynamat where ever possible

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Pricey but kicker makes a nice powerstage. Single sub with built in dsp and 5 channel amp.

·
Registered
158 Posts
i have the 5.0 radio and replaced the stock speakers with the kicker mopar upgrades and then i added a kicker hideaway under the read seat. sounds perfect to me in what "should" have came factory. install was easy and i just tapped into the rear speakers for my amp's signal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have already purchased the woofer, amp and enclosure. hoping the Fox Box gets here soon, Joe over at Fox emailed me after I kept badgering him and said "it will ship at the end of this week" fingers crossed to that. I have a nice 1/0 AWG wire kit from my previous install, just need the front stage and the LC2i and I can start putting it in. I will take some pics as I go along and post them. BTW! instead of paying top buck for actual sound deadening, I use a product called "BlueSkin" Peel&Stick, it is a waterproofing membrane used in leaky condos and new construction. It has similar properties to Dyna mat and works really good, esp. if you use the primer and a heat gun, and it is way cheaper than the actual sound deadening

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
door speakers in a reg cab are mostly bass...at least mine is with the alpine. or was i should say. all my mid and treb come from the dash

1 - 14 of 14 Posts