DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Thought I would share this find from the Ram 1500 Diesel forum.

Truck is used to haul Air Stream trailers for delivery all around the country, user has had no major problems in all that time.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Now that is impressive. Thanks for sharing. I would love to tear down that motor just to measure it all out and see what kind of wear this light duty diesel has gone through. :smileup:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Big whoop. All hwy miles. A hemi can do that. Lemme know when it has 600k.
As someone who has owned 2 Ram EcoD's and now a Ram Hemi - it is a big whoop. Of course the Hemi can do that. What the Hemi can't do is give you 13-15mpg while towing an AirStream, or any TT for that matter.

All Ram "fam" here, so what's the point of bagging on someone who has had wild success with his truck? I've followed that user on the EcoD forum and he's towed virtually all over the US, and extensively out west where it is anything but flat easy towing.

Kudos. :smileup:

·
Registered
986 Posts
That's seriously impressive in my book especially considering the Hemi might deliver 7 MPG under similar conditions? I wonder how well the transmission is holding up and what kind of intervals he's servicing it at? Anyways awesome!

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
That sounds like Verndiesel. 300,000 towing miles is nice to see with no problems, I don't care what light duty truck it is.

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,201 Posts
That sounds like Verndiesel. 300,000 towing miles is nice to see with no problems, I don't care what light duty truck it is.
Yea, I was gonna say, this sounds like a member we have who posts down in the towing section often.

·
Super Moderator
34,701 Posts
Thought I would share this find from the Ram 1500 Diesel forum.

Truck is used to haul Air Stream trailers for delivery all around the country, user has had no major problems in all that time.
Cool to see, especially with the odometer pic for verification. Pretty sure he is a member here as well.

Transmission looks to be a little hot

·
Super Moderator
34,701 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yea, terrible that it is capable of only getting 600+ (being realistic) hwy miles on a single tank, not towing of course.

i had a 2015 EcoD. I drove from SoCal to NorCal (one way) and then to Santa Cruz... on a single tank. give me a break.

towing our TT (no longer have this) I had a range of nearly 400 miles before fill up. give me a break.

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,201 Posts
Yea, terrible that it is capable of only getting 600+ (being realistic) hwy miles on a single tank, not towing of course.

i had a 2015 EcoD. I drove from SoCal to NorCal (one way) and then to Santa Cruz... on a single tank. give me a break.

towing our TT (no longer have this) I had a range of nearly 400 miles before fill up. give me a break.
Sheesh, no wonder you got rid of that EcoD! Terrible!

·
Banned
329 Posts
If I were towing trailers all accross the country, racking up a 100k/yr you bet your hind quarter I'd have more than a 26 gal tank. Diesel might be hard to find in some places.

·
Registered
15,598 Posts
Diesel seems pretty easy to find anymore. Worse case scenario, you have to wait behind a few 18 wheelers to fill up. That could take awhile. Agree, driving cross country and auxiliary tank in the bed would be nice.

·
Registered
61 Posts
So you're driving 100,000 miles a year! Now that is impressive!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts