DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After trolling the forums for a long time I finally have my new truck and thought I would share. I originally wanted a sport, but ended up getting a laramie b/c I have a family member who is a dealer and they sold me their demo and I could not pass it up. I had them install a 4in mopar lift (superlift) mainly b/c I didn't want a 6in. I kept the factory wheels for now b/c I couldn't decide on an any after market ones b/c I orginally wanted black wheels, but this truck has so much chrome I wasn't sure how it would look, so I decided to hold off. I put a set of 35/12.50/20 toyo open country at2 on and I'm really happy I did, I figured they are aggressive enough and mt's were not necessary. So far I am blown away by how amazing the truck turned out. I have since tinted the windows and added f1 bak flip cover and now thinking about my next mods. Pictures don't do it justice, it's much bigger in person, but let me know what yall think.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I wanted a sport b/c I never have been a fan of all the chrome, but I have to say it has grown on me

·
Registered
307 Posts
Looks great!

What did the lift/install run? Wonder if Mopar will have a 4" lift available for air suspension. I see there's an aftermarket one available from BDS.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for all the responses and compliments! I would say the truck rides almost the exact same as stock, it really does still have a fantastic ride with the lift and tires. As far as pricing goes the lift retails at $2700, but if I had to pay that I possibly would have went with bds instead. To me the labor took longer than I think it should have, I think he spent around 15 hours on it. Here's a few pics of the process.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh and the nerf bars came on the truck from the factory. Originally wanted to take them off, but I actually really do like them

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you need another alignment afterwards?
Yes it definitely needed an alignment after everything that was done to the front suspension

·
Registered
307 Posts
Does it still fit in your garage?

Wondering what total extra height would be. I'd like to get it done, but its nice having in the garage for Northern IL winters.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice looking Rig. Love the lift, but as someone else mentioned, I like being able to park inside a "normal" size garage.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts