DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I own a 2014 Ram 1500 Larime Hemi 4x4. I've been having issues with my power steering recently. My truck has been sitting a lot recently, and when I would get in to start it up, my power steering would be out upon startup. Weirdly enough it would fix itself after I shut off the vehicle and started it again. It would never go out during driving and I only had issues after it sat awhile. I went to start it up the other day and the power steering was out, and it hasn't fixed itself after shutting it off and turning it back on. I've looked through some of the fuses and they weren't out, and the connections into the power steering are fine and don't seem to be the problem. I'm confused as to what the problem would be at this point and want to see what I can do besides just replacing the unit. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It’s been a while .....Scan for codes first. Then try to carefully remove the plugs on the servo rack and reseat them again. If it comes back working try some dielectric grease on all connections.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts