DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 2014 ram 1500. Today as I went to activate my left side turn signal, I noticed that my indicator on my dashboard was "hyper flashing" or blinking faster than usual. I tried the same with the right side and it seemed to work fine, no hyper flash. My front left and right turn signals activate fine and have no hyper flash. My rear right turn signal and brake lights function as they should too. However my left rear turn signal and the brake do not function, but the running light does run. I'm not sure what the issue is here as I'm sure if it were a bad bulb, the running light would not function either. I also believe I have tested the correct fuse, F53, in the fuse box up front and it reads fine. I have heard of a potential bad turn signal flasher/relay but have no idea where to find it. Once again, it is a 2014 Ram 1500 Bighorn.

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
It's acting like its a bad bulb. Have you pulled the bulb and checked to se if the filament is stil good?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's acting like its a bad bulb. Have you pulled the bulb and checked to se if the filament is stil good?
Thank you for the reply! Honestly, since it was still functioning as a running light, I didn't bother thinking it was the bulb. However, I was already thinking about replacing all the tail light bulbs with LEDs so went ahead and ordered them. Since I've switched the bulbs out along with the installing resistors, my problem has gone away. Glad to say you were right and it wasn't a bigger issue as I had originally thought.

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
That's good you fixed it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts