DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

New here and had a question. I have a 2014 Ram 1500 Tradesman with the basic stock radio. I was looking at aftermarket upgrades for this model/year vehicle - and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the concerns would be for upgrading to an aftermarket radio, maybe something with Nav capability and a touch screen. What should I be aware of prior to purchasing anything? I asked my local dealership service department manager and he told me not to mess with the radio - but didn't give any further reason as to why.

I'm just looking for some information/an education.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
I also have a 2014 ram 1500 tradesman. I’ve upgraded my head unit and my only regret is not doing it sooner. The unit I got, pioneer 4500nex, has wireless CarPlay an android auto. I got the mastero adapters so I can still control the oem settings that are set through the radio. It has the option of adding the nav to it, but I prefer to use Waze streamed from my phone to the head unit. It you go to crutchfields you can enter your trucks details into their page and it will show you what w fit in your truck. And double din unit will require a slight modification. There is a bracket behind the dash that needs to be cut. It was a very simple install. you’ll also want to replace the speakers if you want better sound. The oem speakers are junk. The magnets are tiny. Bigger magnets usually give better sound.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Here’s some pics of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts