DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the site and ever since I've had rams, I've always used this site for answer and always helped. Now I have a problem that I can't seem to find on here or just not looking in the right place so maybe someone can help me out with this.

I recently bought a 2014 Ram 1500 hemp big horn and absolutely love it. I had the "hemi tick" on start up and dealer fixed that under warranty no problem. :smileup: But I also told them I had another problem I couldn't seem to figure out and didn't know how to explain it to the dealer. I'm gonna try my best to explain on here and maybe someone on here will know what I'm talking about.
OK, so transmission shifts fine (dealer checked the fluid and driveline) so they say but when I'm in traffic going about 50-60mph and I let go of the gas for a couple seconds and coast, I hit the gas again and it seems to have a grinding/howl or sounds like something's get stuck like a gear or something until I hit the gas alittle harder and it see to jump forward and fine after that and then does it again and again and again. I know how I explained it is terrible but I really don't know now else to explain it lol. And also when I use the gears on the steering wheel and set it to 8 it doesn't do it at all. It actually shifts better when I drive it using the gears on the steering wheel. I just know something's wrong with something and it's going to annoy me until it fixed. So please if anyone else had the same problem or know what the problem could be please help me out.

·
Super Moderator
34,705 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply man. Is anything damaged that needs to be fixed? I've driven other rams and they haven't done it.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Over time, the pcm is learning your driving habits and it will get better. Wait, till the dealer thinks, he can do a readiness code reset without telling you. Then you really will think something broke.
Don't worry. Took me a while too to get used to it.

·
Registered
15,601 Posts
op, if your description is accurate, thunder is correct that it is mds, but i would be concerned about a "howl". i have never heard the word howl used describe an mds issue.i would ask if a tech would take a test ride with you and let him hear the issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts