DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Team:

Has anyone found a viable tuner for the 2014 Ram 2500 (with 6.4L Hemi)?

I've found the "DiabloSport 7302 Predator P2 Performance Tuner" but cannot find any specific reviews from 2014 Ram 2500 (6.4L) users.

Has anyone found a tuner they like for this truck? Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

NS

·
Registered
708 Posts
Predator is a great tuner, but if you stay stock, you can only get so much gain from a tuner. If you were to do a cold air intake, install headers and decide to run 93 octane, you might pick up 15-20, maybe even 30 rwhp. So if you plan to do some mods, it's great, but stock, not so much. BTW, my 2005 would not be drivable without a Predator= race cam, etc.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I've got a '16 and I'm using the Diablo I3. I got it from Hemifever. It was pretty good out of the box, but Sean's tunes REALLY are where the performance is at.

·
Registered
40 Posts
6.4 tuning

I cked with the Edge Co. because I just wanted to add a monitoring parameters unit to my truck so I could tell more about the engine perf. No tuning. Apparently no one, according to their techs, makes anything for the 6.4 because of the MDS. Been about 6 mos. ago; things might have changed by now. FYI Thx. 2017 2500 4x4 Laramie 6.4

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
What does MDS have to do with anything? They make tuners for 5.7L 1500s and they've had MDS since 2006

·
Registered
40 Posts
tuners

My info was given to me by the Edge guys. I am merely passing it along. Are there any tuners available for the 6.4? I have not found one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought the Diablo sport 3 for my 2014 limited mega cab with the 6.4. I have a Gibson dual cat back exhaust and a cold air intake and I love it. Bought the truck in January 2017 with 55k on it. I noticed a knock in the motor before I made the purchase and verified the issue was covered by the warranty. Factory installed the wrong wrist pins and the service bulletin required a motor swap! As most have discovered, an almost 8000lb truck with a gas motor even a 6.4 hemi is a lazy pig. After the tuner purchase and install (kept the stock tune and never had warranty issues after install) it definitely woke up my truck. I then installed the intake and exhaust and ran the 93 octane tune included with my tuner and was shocked at the difference. Definitely not a huge off the line change tho it was noticeable, I can punch it at 70 and it will bury you in your seat. I’ve had it over 115 mph and it got there quickly and easily. I pulled a 3500# cargo trailer almost daily with it for two years and appreciated the extra power and mpg. Recently however i installed 24x14 wheels with 35x12.5 mudders and the mpg is dreadful. It will smoke the tires and spin donuts easily with the traction control off and have done 0 to 60 in less then 7 seconds which is a huge improvement over stock. I haven’t updated the tuner or found any custom tunes cuz I haven’t looked and haven’t neede to but I know there are better tunes out there. Might look soon and if I find out anything good I’ll share.
Hopefully this helps... it was the only tuner available when I bought it and I’ve never been disappointed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts