DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking at buying this. Did the 14's have many issues?

It has all options including sunroof with the 6.7 and aisan tranny, all stock no mods.
Around 65000 miles and they are wanting $47,000 for it.

Other option would be find a year end 18 crew cab Laramie with the regular auto tranny not aisan , I'm thinking i'd be able to get around 10,000 off list.

I really like the Longhorn and the mega cab but if it's not a good year i'll probably pass on it.

Thanks for any input!!

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
A 14 is not going to be substantially different from an 18

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yup other than the bump in torque it’s pretty much the same. I got a new 18 with aisin for 13k off sticker at 60k. It’s not the longhorn though but a Laramie. I got my 16 longhorn for 16k off sticker at 55k. Traded it in for 50k and they are selling it at the dealer for 52k and it has 5k miles on it. I would keep looking.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Unbelievable Deal 2016 3500 2/19

"It has all options including sunroof with the 6.7 and aisan tranny, all stock no mods. Around 65000 miles and they are wanting $47,000 for it."

I'm just a few years away from retiring and running around the country with a fifth wheel in my future so just for poops and giggles and future budgeting, I take a look every so often at what's out there in low mileage used.

Just this morning I saw one of the best deals I ever saw in Grand Junction CO. A used 2016 Megacab with 22K and change white 3500 Laramie Longhorn with steps for 45K and change, one owner perfect. I has every single extra there is and 3.73 rear end.

Cargurus says it is around 11K below thier best pricing and a "great deal."

If I was ready to go on a truck and retired, I would call them this morning, get on a plane and go get it, today, now. I don't particularly like the "Longhorn" trim as it is awfully Texas flashy but, too bad, I would have to suffer I guess... For all intents and purposes, this is about 25K below a new one and at 22K miles just broke in.

If you are looking and willing to drive or fly 500 or so miles, there are almost always some amazing deals out there that make the flight, and drive back worth it.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I'm looking at buying this. Did the 14's have many issues?
There were several recalls having to do with the water pump, SCR (exhaust treatment), seat belt restraining module reprogramming, and I'm sure I am forgetting one or two. Best run the VIN at RAM's website to see what, if any recalls are not done. The truck could have remaining powertrain warranty if it isn't a salvage vehicle or a Canadian vehicle.

Prices of used vehicles are very regional as are factory incentives on new. Before you go used, shop new at the volume dealers (Dave Smith, Denis Dillion) to see if you can get the typical 20 percent or so off MSRP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts