DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a 2014 Ram. It came with after market tow mirrors. They have heat,blinker and courtesy light options.
I assumed they worked. I called the fella I bought it from after the sale. He stated he wanted them for towing and wasn't concerned about those features.
These were optional on my truck,not standard. With them being options,will taking it to a dealer and having them flash the correct codes solve the issues or is more needed to be done?
Buying it new,my guess is if you wanted these options you paid the additional fee and they coded it?

Thanks,
-Scott

·
Registered
5 Posts
You take it to the dealer and ask then to put the sales codes in for you if the truck never came equipped with those features. Call around a few dealers first. They all have different prices for this.

I'm currently having issues with my aftermarket toe mirrors. Dealer put in the sales codes for me and the lights still don't work. The tech at the dealer had no idea why.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you don’t want to hassle with dealer you can purchase an OBDLINK module and download the AlfaOBD app and turn on the features yourself. There’s an entire thread on this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's like I'm speaking a foreign language when I approach garages about this around here! Fock!

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's like I'm speaking a foreign language when I approach garages about this around here! Fock!
where are you located? I've got the alfaOBD program, and MTX+ that will unlock these features. never tried it before, but i got the auto down function, and DRL functions using this method.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts