DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2014 Ram 5,7 slt 4x4. It was a crash truck, not a lot of heavy damage, mostly cosmetic. It runs and drives fine, but nothing on the steering wheel controls work, not even the horn. Everything looks connected. I can not do anything with the dash controls such get any info or anything. Speedo and tach work fine. I am told that this truck might need a computer reflash. I removed the battery cable and it cleared several codes. My reader would not read the codes, all it said was it had 2 advanced codes. Any thoughts on this problem will be welcomed. I am new here and hope I'm doing this right! Thanks

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,245 Posts
Computer related issue can be tricky to diagnose, especially when you can't get the codes. Have you tried taking it to your local auto parts store and see if they can read the codes? Short of that, I'd say the dealership would need to get involved to see where you're at.

I'm really surprised the truck could even be sold and pass inspection with a non-functional horn. I know that wouldn't fly in MD. It makes me wonder if the airbag would even deploy. :SHOCKED:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I recently bought a 2014 Ram 5,7 slt 4x4. It was a crash truck, not a lot of heavy damage, mostly cosmetic. It runs and drives fine, but nothing on the steering wheel controls work, not even the horn. Everything looks connected. I can not do anything with the dash controls such get any info or anything. Speedo and tach work fine. I am told that this truck might need a computer reflash. I removed the battery cable and it cleared several codes. My reader would not read the codes, all it said was it had 2 advanced codes. Any thoughts on this problem will be welcomed. I am new here and hope I'm doing this right! Thanks
Did the airbags deploy in the crash?

Could be a clockspring issue, I believe all the wiring for the steering wheel controls goes through the clockspring.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I am thinking clockspring too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts