DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! Was a member years ago. Logged off for a while but recently bought a 2014 Ram Sport 5.7. I want to upgrade the muffler. My truck is single in, dual out from the factory. Am looking at the Flowmaster 40 or Super 44. My question is will I need an offset or center inlet? Thanks!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm not sure about offset or center but if you get the correct muffler for your make/model/year truck it should bolt right in. At least that was the case with my aftermarket muffler delete. It has hangers on it that use the factory mounts. I just had to undo 3 clamps, remove the stock muffler, put the new pipe in and tighten the new clamps that came with it. If it says direct fit it should work. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure about offset or center but if you get the correct muffler for your make/model/year truck it should bolt right in. At least that was the case with my aftermarket muffler delete. It has hangers on it that use the factory mounts. I just had to undo 3 clamps, remove the stock muffler, put the new pipe in and tighten the new clamps that came with it. If it says direct fit it should work. Good luck.
Thanks. I ordered the Super 44 off Amazon with center inlet. Doesn’t come with hangers. It’s a universal fit. I spoke to the guy at the shop and he said they can weld hangers on it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Cool, I'm sure you are going to love it!

Reactions: dreambig73

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys! Was a member years ago. Logged off for a while but recently bought a 2014 Ram Sport 5.7. I want to upgrade the muffler. My truck is single in, dual out from the factory. Am looking at the Flowmaster 40 or Super 44. My question is will I need an offset or center inlet? Thanks!

Well I replied too late.... I have the Carven Competition and ABSOLUTELY love the sound. And as a plus, it was a direct bolt on, stainless steel with hangers welded on and clamps included. Sorry i was late posting.....good luck with your choice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts