DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dissatisfied with the ride quality of my 1500 2WD single cab Express. Has anyone converted to air bags? My only other option is 500 pounds of stone in the bed. Does ride smoother with a moderate load.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I didn’t have that problem with my 2014 1500. It rode very car like smooth. Of course as soon as I added a little weight in the bed it would sag like an old woman’s boobs. It does ride a little ruffer since I’ve added hd springs in the rear. Since I have a 4wd cc I’m not sure if the stiff ride you have is normal for your configuration. What size bed bed do you have on your truck? Did you buy the truck new or used?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the 6.5 foot bed. Bought it used with 16000 miles. The ride feels like the suspension was designed for 17" steel wheels. The vehicle came with 20" from the factory. It feels like there is an unsuspended weight mismatch.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
The previous owner of the truck may have changed out the rear springs to heavy duty springs. That’s the only reason I can think of why your ride is so ruff.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will have to investigate. The truck was super clean when I got it. The bed looked like the bed cover was never taken off. I have over a ton of stone in the bed once with another ton and a half on a trailer; did not squat too bad. Could be upgraded springs. I will also look at the build sheet again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts