DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first post here. Wondering if anyone has had luck calibrating their speedometer for a larger tire size on a 2014 Ram 1500.

I am thinking about adding 20x9 wheels with 35x12.50xR20 Nitto Trail Grappler tires. The dealer said the 2014's are completely different than older models and that the speedo in these cannot be adjusted. Discount Tire told me they do not even offer the service.

The Hypertech speedometer calibrator seems to be the best option, but I would like to know if it will really work. Their website says it is compatible, but who knows for sure..

Hoping somebody has had luck with this on a '14 or ran a similar wheel/tire setup with any advice. The last thing I want is to spend all that money on tires and my speedometer not read correctly.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
The speedo is adjustable - perhaps not to that size though. My dealer will program my 285/70r17s for $75...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hey guys, first post here. Wondering if anyone has had luck calibrating their speedometer for a larger tire size on a 2014 Ram 1500.

I am thinking about adding 20x9 wheels with 35x12.50xR20 Nitto Trail Grappler tires. The dealer said the 2014's are completely different than older models and that the speedo in these cannot be adjusted. Discount Tire told me they do not even offer the service.

The Hypertech speedometer calibrator seems to be the best option, but I would like to know if it will really work. Their website says it is compatible, but who knows for sure..

Hoping somebody has had luck with this on a '14 or ran a similar wheel/tire setup with any advice. The last thing I want is to spend all that money on tires and my speedometer not read correctly.
2 months ago I put 275/ 60/20's on Sport wheels, 20 x 9's, I bought from a forum member on my '14 Big Horn. This was a change from the 265/70/17's that came on the truck. The dealer quoted me $80 to reprogram it, but when I took it in they did a transmission update for the 3rd time, and only charged me $40 to reprogram the speedometer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts