DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
7161 - 7180 of 7208 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I talked to my dealer yesterday and he said we specifically asked the factory to do it when I ordered the vehicle. No doubt that if they receive a truck as part of their regular allotment that does not have it, they will have a local guy do it.
Kawartha have there own employees spray the boxes, no sub out-all in house. The dealership I bought from sends trucks out to line X. Kawartha told me they spray all trucks and never order from factory unless its a package included with models like Laramie. Kawartha have made an investment to be able to do application so its hard to imagine they would let plant do it when they can make more money doing it themselves. I am in no way saying it is inferior, it looks neet, uniform and a heavy coat.

That said, look at your build sheet on line, if its listed then plant will apply liner in MI, if its not on build sheet then its done in Peterborough.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Monday, 10/13/2014

And then there was...one.

zoomie
  • VON/VIN: ES476695
  • Est Build: 9/6/2014
  • Est Ship: 9/9/2014
mfetzer24
  • VON/VIN: ES420311
  • Currently: Delivered

deaddinos
  • VON/VIN: ES476248
  • Currently: Delivered
Standard Disclaimers

All dates, times, and locations are estimated. The build date is usually accurate to that date plus or minus 24 hours but it is still just an estimate and could change. Estimated shipping date is not the date the truck will ship to you but the date it is estimated to be available to be shipped and most likely will change. See the links below for more details.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Everyone

I am new to the forum and just wanted to say "Hi" to everyone! :smileup:

spp, I there a way you can add me to the list for build updates? I just order my new Ram a couple of weeks ago and got my VON number today. The VON is #32454915.

Thanks!

Tom

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I am new to the forum and just wanted to say "Hi" to everyone! :smileup:

spp, I there a way you can add me to the list for build updates? I just order my new Ram a couple of weeks ago and got my VON number today. The VON is #32454915.

Thanks!

Tom
Not a problem but I'll take care of you in the 2015 forum as that's a 2015 VON :)

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Tuesday, 10/14/2014
It's down to one. And that one has one last check before it leaves the factory.

zoomie
  • Currently: QA Check
Standard Disclaimers

All dates, times, and locations are estimated. The build date is usually accurate to that date plus or minus 24 hours but it is still just an estimate and could change. Estimated shipping date is not the date the truck will ship to you but the date it is estimated to be available to be shipped and most likely will change. See the links below for more details.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Tuesday, 10/14/2014
It's down to one. And that one has one last check before it leaves the factory.

zoomie
Good news, Thanks SPP.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I hope not. The dealer said they got it in on time for a 2014 Ram. Can you tell for sure from the VON that it is a 2015 truck?
No but when I looked it up it came back with a VIN that has the last 8 characters starting with "FS" which means it's a 2015 (F) being built at Warren Truck Plant (S). That and the system says it is a 2015 ;)

It's got a date to be built so it's all good. Only hiccup may be shipping as they are still in ramp up mode for the '15s so everything gets the once over.

If I remember correctly, ordering for 2014 1500s was cut off after the July ordering period. August 2015 and beyond was all 2015 ordering.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Wednesday, 10/15/2014

zoomie
Standard Disclaimers

·
Registered
14 Posts
No but when I looked it up it came back with a VIN that has the last 8 characters starting with "FS" which means it's a 2015 (F) being built at Warren Truck Plant (S). That and the system says it is a 2015 ;)

It's got a date to be built so it's all good. Only hiccup may be shipping as they are still in ramp up mode for the '15s so everything gets the once over.

If I remember correctly, ordering for 2014 1500s was cut off after the July ordering period. August 2015 and beyond was all 2015 ordering.
Oh well. I was really counting on the 2014 incentives. I would have settled for something off the lot if I would have known it was going to be a 2015. I called the salesman today and said I wanted the one he ordered me for the same price as the 14 with incentives. He told me know way, he would just cancel the order. Not sure what to do at this point.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Oh well. I was really counting on the 2014 incentives. I would have settled for something off the lot if I would have known it was going to be a 2015. I called the salesman today and said I wanted the one he ordered me for the same price as the 14 with incentives. He told me know way, he would just cancel the order. Not sure what to do at this point.
Let me know what you are looking for in terms of trim, drive, cab, bed length, must have options/colors, won't have options/colors and I can take a look to see whats available and point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Thursday, 10/16/2014

zoomie
Standard Disclaimers

·
Registered
430 Posts
Thursday, 10/16/2014

zoomie
Wow, three days in QA check? I thought that was a 10 minute process. Do you think this is another long detailed check to make sure everything is right?

Thanks again for the feedback SPP.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Let me know what you are looking for in terms of trim, drive, cab, bed length, must have options/colors, won't have options/colors and I can take a look to see whats available and point you in the right direction.
Thanks spp. I am looking for a 1500, crew cab, 6'4"box with the ecodiesel. I was trying to stay with a tradesman or outdoorsman to keep the price down. I have attached my build sheet from the 2015 that the salesperson ordered for me. I also attached a build sheet for a outdoorsman if I had to go that route. I don't know why the Ram site is so hard to search just on the engine option.

Thanks,

Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Thanks spp. I am looking for a 1500, crew cab, 6'4"box with the ecodiesel. I was trying to stay with a tradesman or outdoorsman to keep the price down. I have attached my build sheet from the 2015 that the salesperson ordered for me. I also attached a build sheet for a outdoorsman if I had to go that route. I don't know why the Ram site is so hard to search just on the engine option.

Thanks,

Tom
I'll take a look in the AM to see what I can find. And that search thing is about to change... :)

·
Registered
3,913 Posts

Thanks,

Tom
Tradesman

Sterling Heights has a black one (ES283494)
Milosh's Palace has a white one (ES288481) and a black one (ES283473)
Golling has a white one (ES288466)

All around 40,500 MSRP.

Friendly has a loaded Granite Crystal Metallic one (ES475244) at 44,500 MSRP

Outdoorsman

Erie, PA has a Granite Crystal Metallic one (ES436646)
Hornell, NY has a Blue Streak one (ES423190)
Sodus, NY has a Granite Crystal Metallic one (ES443161)
Potsdamn, NY has a red one (ES409874)

All around 50,000 MSRP.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Friday, 10/17/2014

zoomie
Standard Disclaimers

7161 - 7180 of 7208 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.