DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, check engine light comes on and I check the code (I'm not a mechanic but I have the fixed devise) and it came up as a transmission problem. I have now taken it to 2 different shops... 1 of which came highly recommended by someone in the industry and the other is well known also and owned by a very good friend of mine. Neither can figure out why the light is on. It drives beautify and they can't get anything to register on the scanner when they drive it. ANY SUGGESTIONS OR SIMILAR ISSUES??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My buddy who owns the shop is leaning toward computer or electrical rather than mechanical. Not sure if that makes sense.

·
Registered
2011 1500 Laramie 4x4 - SRT 392 swapped
65 Posts
There should be a ground strap running from the passenger side of your transmission up to a clip on the fender. Make sure that's connected, I've been having the same issue on my truck ever since I did my engine swap and that's what I'm leaning towards as the culprit. P0740 is definitely an electrical code, it's the ECU saying that the torque converter lockup solenoid isn't responding the way it should.

·
Registered
19 RAM 1500 5.7 Etorque. Falcon Wildpeak AT3W/ JMS PedalMax/weatherTech TechLiner/Gator Quad fold
409 Posts
Could be a sensor issue, like faulty sensor or something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts